Company: City National Bank
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job Details: COLLECTION OFFICER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Under the direction of the Collections Lead, collect delinquent
loans on a timely basis by working with clients and Relationship
Managers to bring accounts current within department policy and
procedures and maintain department goals while delivering an
exceptional customer experience during every interaction.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's
Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your
career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and
retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage
products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Early collection of past due mortgages, home equity loans,
credit cards, small business loans and consumer loans.
- Daily monitor electronic assigned collection queue(s) to work
past due accounts as they populate the queue.
- Monitor delinquent property tax report and take action to
collect delinquent property taxes as needed.
- Contact delinquent loan clients daily via telephone or email to
resolve delinquency issues. Communication cannot take place outside
of hours specified by FDCPA (8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. client's time
zone). Take incoming calls from clients and colleagues.
- Document all conversations, information and account changes via
the collection systems (AFS, IBS & Total Systems) to ensure a
complete and accurate record of the delinquency and its resolution
is kept. Schedule and maintain follow-up correspondence, contact
and action as necessary.
- Facilitate collection of payment to bring loans current or pay
them off according to bank policy as well as state and federal
- Ensure compliance with FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices
Act) and SBC Collections procedures.
- Meet department goals for delinquency resolution by contacting
and resolving the greatest number of customer issues to reduce bank
risk. Maintain delinquency rates within established
- Work with other departments to resolve issues related to
misapplied payments, delinquent taxes, matured loans, etc.
- Provide customer service to the branches or other colleagues as
required on sensitive accounts.
- Proactively identify collection issues that may require senior
level support and promptly solicit that support to ensure the
appropriate level of follow up and effective customer service.
- Recommend waivers to retain loans in the unit portfolio based
on upon policy guidelines and time frames.
- Recommend transfers to SAD if customer is not cooperative,
unable to pay or upon recognition that credit requires additional
workout expertise to preclude future losses.
- Ensure timely transfer of delinquent loans to SAD per
- Complete appropriate documentation and obtain required
approvals to retain or transfer delinquent credits to SAD
(Administrative Action form, Problem Credit Management form,
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs,
such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies
and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank
Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair
Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other
- 4-7 years Minimum of 7 years experience in the collection
and/or restructuring of loans and credit cards. Req
- Experience as a telephone collector.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 7 years experience in collection or a work out area
with a financial institution.
- Highly knowledgeable of banking and fair collecting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability
to effectively prioritize.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Solid research and analysis skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded
in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Mesa , Collection Ofcr, Accounting, Auditing , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!