Senior Thermal Engineer - CAE & Aerodynamics
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle
manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize the way people commute!
Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end
custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric
vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ:SOLO). The provided driving
experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration,
affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to
open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering
Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, it's
electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider
joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire
dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who
enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a
dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are
always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your
personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read
on to see if this position sparks your interest as well.
We are seeking a Senior Thermal Engineer - CAE & Aerodynamics to
join our lean and agile team in our Mesa, Arizona facility, located
at 7943, East Ray Rd. Suite #129, Mesa, AZ 85212. This role reports
to the Manager, Thermal Engineering. The Senior Thermal Engineer -
CAE & Aerodynamics is design and release responsible for a variety
of thermal management systems, including but not limited to: Cabin
HVAC, Battery heating & cooling, Power Electronics cooling, and
Vehicle Level Aerodynamics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct a variety of CAE development & validation activities,
including but not limited to:
- Cabin Airflow Performance.
- Cabin AC Pull Down.
- Cabin Heater Warm-Up.
- Defroster & SWD Performance.
- Cabin Airflow Performance.
- AC / Heater / Defroster Ducts Optimization.
- Front-End Cooling Module Performance.
- Exterior Aerodynamics Performance.
- Coordinate test activities with 3rd party external laboratories
as required such as an Aero Wind Tunnel.
- Prepare and present CAE reports and results to cross-functional
- Technical Analysis of data, including written and verbal
summaries, writing reports.
- Derive conclusions and recommendations based on CAE prediction
- Provide input in the creation of vehicle, subsystem & component
specifications, test procedures and other technical documents.
- Evaluate and compare industry standards and specifications to
ElectraMeccanica's standards and specifications.
- Evaluate and compare competitive data (per market segment) to
ElectraMeccanica's internal data.
- Collaborate with vehicle integration engineering to define and
refine vehicle specifications.
- Benchmarking of competitive thermal components, to define
functional target and engineering specifications.
- Component level (heat exchangers, pumps, valves, blowers)
performance testing on dedicated component test equipment.
- Review component performance versus design characteristics and
make design recommendations for performance optimization and
- Conduct aerodynamic benchmarking by vehicle class.
- Other duties as occasionally required by company
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering (or
equivalent education) is required.
- Minimum of 10 years' overall experience in an engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with Automotive Thermal CAE
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with automotive Aerodynamic
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Electric Vehicle Thermal
- Proficiency using MS Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
and email/ internet software.
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills - builds
effective relationships across departments.
- Team player - exhibits great leadership and coaching
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with
- Innovative and creative - loves building in the abstract and
working without procedures.
- Initiative to develop and implement process improvements.
Continuous improvement outlook.
- Abides by Health & Safety standards and emphasizes their
importance to team members.
- Legally able to work in the United States.
One last important note--- we work hard, but we play hard too! In
fact, our new facility is planned to incorporate modern, dedicated
spaces for our employees to dine, engage, relax, and play. We also
provide the following comprehensive benefits package that supports
our employee's health, wellness, retirement, and work-life
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Generous paid time off
401k with company match
Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
Corporate fitness/wellness discounts
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only
contact those individuals who best meet the required position
qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering
Keywords: ElectraMeccanica, Mesa , Senior Thermal Engineer - CAE & Aerodynamics, Engineering , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!