Overhaul & Repair Mechanic III (24478)
Company: MD Helicopters Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Overhauls and repairs helicopter parts and assemblies assuring
reconditioned items meet company and Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA) standards and specifications. Assembles
include rotor hubs, transmissions, linkages, and other mechanical
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Uses planning documents, tech manuals, written instructions,
schematics, blueprints and other applicable technical data to
disassemble, clean, inspect, repair, assemble, and test various
helicopter components. This may require the use of specialized test
equipment to verify proper installation and operation of
mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic, structural and
* Uses all standard or special tooling required for mechanical,
electrical or airframe installation, removal, rework and
* Uses shop stamp or test stamp to sign off completed work to
include execution of planning documents, test procedures,
inspection discrepancy records, product assurance records and
applicable program documentation.
* Must be knowledgeable in the use of precision measuring equipment
such as dial calipers, vernier scales, dial indicators, depth
* Identify the correct subcomponents/parts required to accomplish
the overhaul/repair of various helicopter components. Maintain OJT
records to accurately reflect the work for which they have been
* Implements all company safety and Foreign Object Damage (FOD)
procedures and directives.
* Maintains test gear and shop equipment to a high standard.
* Applicant must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic,
excellent communication skills and be adept at multitasking.
* Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Skill set - mechanical, electrical, structures, composite, and
* The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability
to concentrate is required.
* Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal
* The ability to get along with others and be part of a team.
* Access to Export Control Information.
* Regular and timely attendance at the worksite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* This job requires a minimum of high school education and 5 to 8
years work-related experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
* Previous helicopter experience a plus.
* This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in
this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A& P desired but not required
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* This position is designated by the employer to be a
* Work performed in an office and factory settings.
* Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and
* Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
* Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The
requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to
minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities,
sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Keywords: MD Helicopters Inc, Mesa , Overhaul & Repair Mechanic III (24478), Engineering , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!