Data Center Operations Process Improvement Engineer
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Summary: Meta is seeking a Operations Process Improvement
Engineer to join our Data Center Site Operations (SiteOps) team.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling
infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative
services are delivered. The Process Improvement Engineer will be
responsible for defining, standardizing, and improving key
workflows related to ensuring Metas data center capacity is
maintained at high availability. In this role, the candidate will
be very effective in pulling the right people together to build out
current state and future state workflows that drive more effective
and efficient operations. Key areas of workflows to improve include
bringing on additional server capacity, repair flows for servers,
and decommissioning old equipment. This engineer is adept at
looking at the whole system of people, process, and technology to
identify and solve problems that deliver a better way of working.
The ideal candidate will gather business and technical requirements
across teams, think broadly and strategically about initiatives and
use data collection and analytics to drive decisions and work with
stakeholders to operationalize plans. The candidate will need to
work effectively with cross-functional partners, leveraging what
already exists, adapting where appropriate for SiteOps needs, and
incorporating site specific unique situations. The successful
candidate will prioritize for positive impact, and will be highly
organized and structured, synthesizing available data into
information that is readily actioned and communicated. The
candidate will need to be forward thinking, anticipating future
needs and growth trends, and sequencing work based on the maturity
and priorities of the broader organization.Required Skills: Data
Center Operations Process Improvement Engineer
- Develop, define, optimize and document data center workflow
- Facilitate teams to strong agreement in current state flows,
ideal state flows and key actions to drive improvement.
- Find opportunities to globally improve and innovate in key
areas and processes such as server integration and repairs,
documentation and standardization, tooling and automation, Data
Center design and capacity planning.
- Leverage and support existing metrics and define new ones to
support identifying global opportunities to improve efficiency and
scalability, and proactively analyze data to quantify risks and
opportunities for efficiency gains.
- Develop and implement plans for process improvement trials, new
process technology integration and supply chain improvement.
- Define, document and communicate best practice process
standards for teams globally to leverage.
- Support building cross functional relationships and have the
ability to influence policies and procedures to improve global data
- Ability to travel up to 30% required.Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same time
schedule, possessing time and project management experience.
- Masters, BS, BEng or BA in technical field or commensurate
experience in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering,
Systems Engineering or other technical degree with equivalent work
- Experience using structured problem solving methods to address
and resolve organizational level problems.
- 5+ years experience in directly transferable, Production
Operations/Systems/Process Engineering or Process Improvement.
- Experience facilitating teams to work together to reach common
goals and gain alignment in action and direction.
- Experience in supporting change management activities.
- Effective interpersonal, and customer service skills, with
experience dealing with tact and diplomacy with all levels of the
- Proven experience of supporting process, work-flow and data
analysis, to implement improvements through automation and reduce
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Lean Manufacturing
and Six Sigma methodologies.Preferred Qualifications: Preferred
- Proven multiple green belt projects completed
- Knowledge of Data Center and Computing Infrastructure.Industry:
InternetEqual Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Meta, Mesa , Data Center Operations Process Improvement Engineer, Engineering , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!