Accounts Payable Manager
Company: Verra Mobility
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Who we are...Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart
mobility. A combination of the global capabilities and talents of
American Traffic Solutions (ATS), Highway Toll Administration
(HTA), and Euro Parking Collection (EPC), the company develops
technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and
easily. Verra Mobility fosters the development of safe cities,
working with police departments and municipalities by operating
more than 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety
cameras in more than 200 jurisdictions across North America. The
company also creates smart roadways, serving the world's largest
commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling
transactions and violations for more than 8.5 million vehicles.
Verra Mobility is a leading provider of connected systems,
processing nearly 165 million transactions each year through
connectivity with more than 50 individual tolling authorities and
more than 400 issuing authorities. Arizona-based Verra Mobility
Corp. currently operates in 15 countries and in 22 languages.
Focused on solutions that help the world move safely and easily,
Verra Mobility builds safe cities, smart roadways, and the
connected systems that tie them together. The company is constantly
looking toward the future, ensuring it creates relevant solutions
today that will work tomorrow. Seeking to understand new customers,
regions, and businesses that will shape tomorrow's smart mobility
experiences, Verra Mobility strives to ensure more people around
the world reach their destination safely and easily. Keeping its
core principles front and center, Verra Mobility is fueled by
relationships, driven by impact, guided by what's right, and
energized by what's next.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial
company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach.
The company lives by its core values-Do What's Right, Lead with
Grace, Win Together, and Own It-in everything it does for its
customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively,
both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the
undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias
for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and
commitment to excellence.Position OverviewVerra Mobility's Mesa
office is hiring an Accounts Payable Manager. The accounts payable
manager is responsible for managing the Company's accounts
payable/disbursement processes in a professional, competent and
collaborative manner. This position reports to the VP/Controller
and oversees the ongoing management of accounts payable staff and
processes associated with the receipt, approval, entry and payment
of vendor invoices, capturing and recording month-end accruals,
processing of purchase orders, communication with buyers and
vendors and performing standard month-end close procedures such as
account reconciliations. This position is responsible for ensuing
company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they
pertain to accounts payable and for making ongoing process
improvements in the processing of transactions.Essential
- Direct the accounts payable function including vendor
relationships, management of the accounts payable team, annual 1099
reporting, processing of travel and entertainment (T&E) spend
and administering company-issued credit cards.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and
policies related to accounts payable and disbursement functions to
ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Monitor and perform controls over the processing and payment of
invoices to ensure they operate effectively in accordance with
internal controls over financial reporting under rule 404 of
- Perform ongoing evaluation of existing processes, make
recommendations for improvements and adopt best practices.
- Record journal entries and perform monthly reconciliations for
certain balance sheet accounts related to accounts payable and
- Provide audit support as requested, including accumulating
invoice and disbursement support.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of
month-end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements as
it pertains to accounts payable and related accruals.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and
operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet
- Selects and hires employees for the groups mentioned above.
Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance,
development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and
makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting,
finance, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience
- Minimum 7 years of accounting experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting
principles including establishing month-end accruals and the
ability to perform account reconciliations and basic financial
- Experience designing and implementing new processes is highly
- Experience working with a variety of GL packages, AP modules
and accounting software including 1099 filing experience
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, upper
management, vendors and other stakeholders
- Good communication skills for communicating with support
personnel and management
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values
- Do What's Right - We've committed to doing the right thing for
each other and for our customers - integrity is our DNA
- Lead With Grace - We embrace the importance of our colleagues
and customers and always treat them with kindness and
- Own It - We foster a culture of accountability and excellence,
where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together - We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we
win more when we include others and work together.
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Verra Mobility, Mesa , Accounts Payable Manager, Executive , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!