Director Product Management - Platform Solutions
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Verra Mobility - Director Product Management - Platform
Solutions in Mesa, Arizona - Careers at Arizona - Mesa Headquarters
Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please
enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized
features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in Director
Product Management - Platform Solutions Job Locations US-AZ-Mesa
Category Business Technology Type Full-Time Who we are... Verra
Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. A combination of the
global capabilities and talents of American Traffic Solutions
(ATS), Highway Toll Administration (HTA), and Euro Parking
Collection (EPC), the company develops technology-enabled solutions
that help the world move safely and easily. Verra Mobility fosters
the development of safe cities, working with police departments and
municipalities by operating more than 4,000 red-light, speed, and
school bus stop arm safety cameras in more than 200 jurisdictions
across North America. The company also creates smart roadways,
serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car
companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for more
than 8.5 million vehicles. Verra Mobility is a leading provider of
connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each
year through connectivity with more than 50 individual tolling
authorities and more than 400 issuing authorities. Arizona-based
Verra Mobility Corp. currently operates in 15 countries and in 22
languages. Focused on solutions that help the world move safely and
easily, Verra Mobility builds safe cities, smart roadways, and the
connected systems that tie them together. The company is constantly
looking toward the future, ensuring it creates relevant solutions
today that will work tomorrow. Seeking to understand new customers,
regions, and businesses that will shape tomorrow's smart mobility
experiences, Verra Mobility strives to ensure more people around
the world reach their destination safely and easily. Keeping its
core principles front and center, Verra Mobility is fueled by
relationships, driven by impact, guided by what's right, and
energized by what's next. Culture Verra Mobility Corporation is a
rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial company that operates with a
people-first philosophy and approach. The company lives by its core
values-Do What's Right, Lead with Grace, Win Together, and Own
It-in everything it does for its customers and team members. The
company seeks to grow aggressively, both organically and through
acquisition, to continue to be the undisputed market leader with
these five core competencies: bias for action, customer focus,
teamwork, drive for results, and commitment to excellence. Position
Overview Verra Mobility is seeking an exceptional leader to serve
as the Director of Product Management for Platform Solutions. In
this role you will be responsible for the market-facing aspects of
building, growing, and advancing of one of the world's premier
Smart City platforms. Specifically, you will gather market
intelligence, formulate a market point-of-view, partner with
internal development teams to envision new services, document
high-level requirements for new products & features, make
build/buy/partner decisions, develop investment business cases, and
develop the tools required to commercialize Verra Mobility's
portfolio of solutions. Additionally, in this role you will support
the Sales, Account Management and Client Services teams in defining
requirements for custom platform solutions for some of our
country's largest municipal Police Departments (PD's) and
Departments of Transportation (DOT's). Essential
- Conduct a client-centric assessment of Verra's existing
platform capabilities, collaboratively develop a vision of the
future evolution and define the development projects, business
cases and prioritization necessary to execute the vision.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive environment and
connect with customers to:
- Understand market issues, opportunities and requirements,
- Communicate a vision for how Verra's platform can be leveraged
to address both immediate and emerging challenges,
- Define specific business requirements to optimize client usage
of the existing AXSIS platform, and
- Author requirements Verra's development team can use to
continually enhance the value of the platform.
- Collaborate with SCRUM teams to define iteration content based
on backlog priorities and team sizings.
- Partner with the Business Analysis team to ensure user stories
contain adequate detail and acceptance criteria.
- Commercialize new products, features and services through the
thoughtful design and execution of entry-into-service plans
including pricing, contracts, implementation processes, system
servicing, and customer service, training, and marketing
- Partner with the VP of Platform and Analytics to define the
Platform-as-a-Service offering and build a community of municipal
and business users to test and consume the Platform's services -
ultimately scaling the business model to create significant
top-line revenue growth with attractive profit margins.
- Work with the VP of Product Management and the entire Product
Management Team to develop and institutionalize a New Product
Introduction (NPI) methodology spanning all phases of the product
lifecycle including Voice of the Customer elicitation, Requirements
Definition, Development, Go-to-Market Strategy formation,
Commercialization and End of Life execution. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Software Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or
equivalent practical experience required. Master's degree in
Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 5 years working as a Product Manager or Director
- Minimum 5 years leading, developing and managing high
performing teams required.--
- Experience in product development for software-as-a-service
and/or connected devices (software & firmware) is highly
- Minimum five years of experience in building, scaling and
managing a mid- to large-scale platform required.
- Prior experience performing market studies, competitive
analysis, and voice of the customer research including,
- Conducting customer needs research, competitive analysis,
market studies; and
- Identifying product value proposition and market
- Proven multi-year track record of success in product
management; product development; and portfolio management with a
focus on at least one of the following preferred:
- Driver Safety Solutions
- IoT platforms
- Home Automation
- Smart Cities
- Connected Car
- Technical understanding of basic building blocks such as mobile
telecommunications, Cloud technology, IoT mobile and embedded
operating systems, etc, required.
- Capability to think commercially to drive business cases,
product pricing and packaging strategies and margin
- Experience and competence in project management, ideally in an
- Proficiency in building business cases and performing
build/buy/partner analysis for software-based services.
- Experience interfacing with customer/sales facing teams.
- Experienced in the development of compelling B2G (City, County,
State) or B2B go-to-market strategies required.
- Proven experience in commercialization of software-as-a-service
- Strong business acumen required, with a proven ability to lead
and influence cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams to drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation
- Prior experience building, scaling, and maturing Product
Management teams through proven implementation of best practice
processes, practices and tools.
- Proven ability to function both as an individual contributor
and member of a cross-functional team.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical
- Moderate travel required (20-30%). Aligned with Verra Mobility
- Do What's Right - We've committed to doing the right thing for
each other and for our customers - integrity is our DNA
- Lead With Grace - We embrace the importance of our colleagues
and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It - We foster a culture of accountability and excellence,
where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together - We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we
win more when we include others and work together. -- Verra
Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Options Apply
for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status. Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Mesa , Director Product Management - Platform Solutions, Executive , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!