Engineering Manager, Power Electronics
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle
manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize how people commute!
Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end
custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric
vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ: SOLO). The provided driving
experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration,
affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to
open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering
Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, its
electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider
joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire
dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who
enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a
dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are
always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your
personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read
on to see if this position sparks your interest.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager, Power Electronics to join
our lean and agile team in our Mesa, Arizona facility. This is a
full-time role that reports to the Chief Engineer. A successful
candidate will continuously innovate and find ways to efficiently
deliver on the goals set for our engineering team.
- Lead the design and development of EV high voltage power
electronic supply designs, circuit simulation and modeling.
- Develop Technical requirement for power electronic components
inclusive of OBC, AC-DC, DC-DC.
- Lead system and vehicle level verification and validation
activities inclusive of DVP&R and DFMEAs.
- Leading the development and design of electronic circuits and
power electronics components.
- Create DFMEAs and DV test plans for power electronics
- Recommend improvements, documentation and release
- Lead the research and development of new procedures related to
the assembly and design of key power electronics components.
- Lead the generation of technical component specifications,
prototype test plans, statements for component sources and work
- Actively communicates with suppliers for power electronics
components and materials.
- Guide and support the creation of in-house best practices.
Actively participates in the development and continuous improvement
of operating procedures.
- Manage, mentor and develop a team of engineers providing
leadership and guidance.
- Conducts performance management and sets goals with their team
- Establish a level of accountability within their team, through
empowering and establishing clear responsibilities.
- Displays dedication, time management, cadence and effectively
elevates their team when needed.
- Assists with recruiting and building an effective engineering
- Other duties as occasionally required by company
- A Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or
equivalent education) is required.
- A Professional Engineering (P.Eng) or equivalent designation is
considered an asset.
- 15+ plus years of engineering experience is required for this
- 8+ years of experience with power electronics (automotive
preferred) is required.
- 5+ years of management & leadership experience is
- High Level of Computer Literacy (including spreadsheets).
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills builds
effective relationships across departments.
- Team player exhibits great leadership and coaching skills.
- Innovative and creative loves building in the abstract and
working without procedures.
- Initiative to develop and implement process improvements.
Continuous improvement outlook.
- Abides by Health & Safety standards and emphasizes their
importance to team members.
- Legally able to work in the United States of America.
One last important note we work hard, but we play hard too! In
fact, our new facility is planned to incorporate modern, dedicated
spaces for our employees to dine, engage, relax, and play. We also
provide the following comprehensive benefits package that supports
our employees health, wellness, retirement, and work-life
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Generous paid time off
401k with company match
Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
Corporate fitness/wellness discounts
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only
contact those individuals who best meet the required position
qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering
Keywords: Electrameccanica, Mesa , Engineering Manager, Power Electronics, Executive , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!