Company: GRAYWOLF INTEGRATED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job LocationLindon-Shop - Lindon, UTFull TimeEducation LevelOur
Employee Value PropositionCritical to the needs of our company, the
QC Coatings Manager ensures the integrity of corrosion protection
systems applied by production staff through the implementation of
training and certification programs, audits, and analyzing
technical data. The QC Coatings Manger uses a high degree of
proficiency while utilizing full skills of the trade including
knowledge of surface preparation, complex protective coating
systems, application, inspection and intimate knowledge with
applicable industry standards to assure and verify that the final
product is free of defects and meets the requirements of the
contract documents.In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive
market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We
are committed to professional development and growing our business.
We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires
a progressive career move for a long-term period.Key Performance
- Ensures materials and workmanship meet applicable industry
codes, standards and job specifications.
- Complete contract document reviews for Estimating, pre-job
specification reviews, pre-job and project kick-off meetings.
- Create and implement training materials and curriculum to
develop and assess surface preparation, paint and paint inspection
- Develop tracking methods to monitor and continually improve
surface preparation and painting by equipment and operator.
- Interface with fabrication and erection personnel to identify,
troubleshoot and correct material and/or workmanship issues.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data related to industry
codes and standards.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to
current inspection methods.
- Investigates production deficiencies and identifies corrective
- Provides recommendations to management and implement continuous
improvement projects of the department in order to maximize
production and minimize associated costs.
- Collaborate with QA Manager, QC Manager colleagues as well as
Fabrication and Erection Leaders to develop and implement a
consistent surface preparation and painting approach for all of
Schuff Steel personnel.
- Coordinate and support the hiring, training and periodic
assessment process of surface preparation, painters and paint
inspection team members.
- Demonstrate/teach application techniques with painters of
- Work with Coating Manufacturer Representatives for support on
current and new products.
- Update testing procedures to ensure industry compliance.
- Attends and participates in industry related seminars/workshops
- Maintains records and ensures compliance for company
- Develop and audit to consistent surface preparation, paint and
inspection processes for all Schuff Steel shops.
- Develop and assess quality goals for surface preparation and
- Build and maintain good working relationships with team members
- Ensure inspection equipment is calibrated as required.
- Ensure that procedures needed for the quality management system
are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the
AISC Certification Standard.
- Education and ExperienceHS Diploma or equivalent. SSPC PCI or
NACE Certified. At least ten (10) years related structural steel
coatings experience or in the structural steel painting industry as
a QC Paint Manager or 5 years related experience as a Manager along
with 5 years in the area of a NACE or SSPC Inspection.Work
EnvironmentPosition requires as many hours needed to fulfill the
daily and weekly obligations required to carry out the functions
Working long days including evenings and weekends can be required
for this position. Work will be both indoors and outdoors. Frequent
air/road travel is required as needed. Out of state travel
required. A clean driving record will be required due to required
road travel. Current and valid drivers license and proof of
acceptable insurance is required. This position is generally
indoors in a climate-controlled office. However, frequent
visitations to the outdoor plant facilities or erection jobsites
will be required. Travel time is 25-75%. Reasonable accommodations
will be made upon request for those who have disabilities that
qualify under the American with Disabilities Act.At Schuff Steel,
we believe our employees are our greatest asset. Our team
environment is based on respect, effective communications, and
accountability. We believe employees should have great working
conditions along with opportunities to grow and develop. We proudly
promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has a
chance to be successful.Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity
Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. We value Diversity. Rated
by ENR as a leading builder in America, please consider joining our
elite organization today. Apply directly. No agenciesQA - Quality
Keywords: GRAYWOLF INTEGRATED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Mesa , QA/QC Manager, Executive , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!