Director Business Development
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle
manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize the way people commute!
Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end
custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric
vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ: SOLO). The provided driving
experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration,
affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to
open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering
Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, it's
electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider
joining our expanding team!
ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire dedicated, passionate,
respectful and engaged contributors, who enjoy creating, solving
and challenging the status quo. We have a dedicated team of people
and continually seek to hire those who are always willing to roll
up their sleeves. If we just described your personal values and
work ethic here, we definitely want you to read on to see if this
position sparks your interest as well.
The Director, Business Development oversees and develops all B2B
Sales for ElectraMeccanica. This position will be required to
develop, implement and maintain B2B sales strategies and targets
for the Company, including but not limited to Small Business Sales,
Fleet Sales, Revenue Share Models, Share Usage and Mobility Models,
Vehicles as an Amenity and more. This role will work
collaboratively with other departments within ElectraMeccanica to
ensure our customers are properly supported and their feedback is
collected and disseminated amongst other departments such as
engineering, operations, marketing, finance and others. The
Director, Business Development will work cross functionally to
ensure there is proper Service, After Sales, Engineering, Financial
Services and more to support and develop new revenue streams for
- Design, implement and maintain a multi-year Business
Development strategy for the business including but not limited to
Fleet Sales, Small Business Sales, Revenue Share Models, Shared
Usage Models, After Sales, etc.
- Forecast B2B sales and revenue for the Business Development
team providing strategic vision and business strategies to achieve
- Develops and maintains a Business Development marketing
strategy to attract new business.
- Deeply understands the business of new business development and
prospects/customers to grow EMV business in critical sectors and
fosters fleet customer relationships for retention and growth.
- Set KPI's for Business Development department.
- Consistently review cost of the Business Development operations
to ensure resource allocations are efficient and meeting
- Provide revenue forecasts that are reasonable and meet
- Identify revenue growth opportunities by evaluating potential
partners or customers for EMV products.
- Partner with operations and finance to ensure the production,
servicing and financing / insurance meet customer needs,
communicating needs in a constructive manner.
- Develop contingency plans to mitigate impact of policy changes
that may affect EMV's ability to sell Small Business, Fleet and new
revenue products into certain markets.
- Implement a culture of continuous review and scrutiny of
processes to avoid complacency.
- Identify, develop, and manage relationships with region-wide
prospects that need future electrification of fleets.
- Identify and manage commercial marketing opportunities such as
tradeshows, events, and conferences.
- Develops and manages the information collection for the
Business Development team, developing reports for management when
- Manage existing client and prospect communications on a regular
basis to ensure clients/prospects stay satisfied and are actively
- Develop key customer insights and use cases for product
- Grow the necessary resources to meet operational requirements
in a prudent and fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote a globally dynamic corporate culture through positive
reinforcement, inclusivity, maintaining an open-door policy,
emphasizing continual improvement, accountability and ethical
- Set clear expectations for staff on desired behaviours and
- Recruits, trains, manages and coaches the Company's Business
Development Sales staff, leading by example.
- Monitors and recommends resource needs for the Sales function,
including staff, supplies and other resources as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that all department
goals, processes, and procedures are aligned.
- Additional duties as required by your manager.
- 10+ years related experience in sales or account
- Minimum of five (5) years in commercial/fleet automotive sales
and/or new Business Development.
- Familiarity with the mobility sector and generating new revenue
models and streams based on Shared Use and Shared Revenue
- Experience with inbound and outbound sales.
- Self-starter - drive to develop effective processes and takes
- Focused on results - wants to build a successful electric
- "Challenger Sales" or Consultative selling style.
- High Level of Computer Literacy including Microsoft Word,
Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills - builds
effective relationships across departments.
- Team player: comfortable consistently working with multiple
- Dedicated to an ethical approach to sales and sales
- Flexible and adaptable problem solver with a positive
- Possesses a valid driver's license.
- Legally able to work in the United States of America.
One last important note. We provide the following comprehensive
benefits package that supports our employee's health, wellness,
retirement, and work-life balance:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off
- 401k with company match
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
- Corporate fitness/wellness discounts
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only
contact those individuals who best meet the required position
qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering
Keywords: ElectraMeccanica, Mesa , Director Business Development, Executive , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!