Semiconductor Services Construction Manager
Company: MMI Industrial & Steel
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Semiconductor Services Construction ManagerMMI is an industrial
contractor and steel fabricating company based in Mesa, Arizona.
MMI has been in business since 1974 and continues to grow each
year. We are very proud of the more than 135 loyal members of our
team and are looking for individuals to contribute at a very high
level.MMI is looking to hire a Semiconductor Services Construction
Manager who has a bachelor s degree in Construction Science,
Construction Management, or Civil Engineering. Someone who has at
least (7) years of construction experience in semiconductor or
industrial services required, as well as a minimum of (5) years of
direct project management experience. A Construction Manager
certification by the American Institute of Constructors or
Construction Management Association of America preferred. The
Semiconductor Services Construction Manager will oversee, project
manage and coordinate various construction projects from start to
finish, ensuring that schedules and budgets are followed. This
position will report to the Vice President of Construction
Operations with a career path leading to a vice president role if
goals are met within a three-year period.We are looking for a
Semiconductor Services Construction Manager who has the following
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with construction related software.
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well
under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or
- Ability to effectively multitask while analyzing and solving
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.Pay range: $120K - $130K
depending on experienceWe also offer the following benefits:
- Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Life
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Company VehicleResponsibilities for a Semiconductor Services
- Selects, contracts, and oversees contractors for specific needs
within the semiconductor construction or maintenance scope of
- Supervises each contractor and subcontractor to ensure that
work meets quality standards and adheres to specifications.
- Hires, leads, manages, and is accountable for project
management staff and construction trade staff such as
superintendents, foreman, and trade labor. Duties for Semiconductor
Services Construction Manager:
- Develops business plan for the division to create goals for
growth objectives set by the company and works closely with
executive team to determine resources and timing of execution.
- As a working manager role, the Semiconductor Services
Construction Manager will provide direct project management
services for complex semiconductor projects as needed.
- Provides leadership in initial planning stage by collaborating
with clients, architects, engineers, or other involved parties;
develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to
- Schedules and coordinates projects in logical steps and budget
the time necessary to meet each deadline.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates and regularly
communicates with client concerning budget progress and costs.
- Ensures adherence to the budget and, when unexpected
complications or issues arise, makes quick and necessary
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, oversees, and directs activities
regarding the construction and maintenance of assigned structures,
facilities, and systems.
- Ensures safety standards and guidelines are followed on the
jobsite and that all safety codes are met in construction.
- Oversees contract negotiations, revisions, and additions and
adherence by all parties.
- Collaborates with clients, supervisory staff, contractors, and
design professionals to discuss and resolve problems, including
work procedures, complaints, and construction or design
- Manages and leads actions that are necessary due to delays, bad
weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with a
variety of people, including owners, managers, designers,
supervisors, tradespersons, and craft workers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Physical
Requirements for a Semiconductor Services Construction Manager:
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in
all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching,
bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- May require travel.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather,
and other issues at the jobsite. Why should you apply?MMI has
strong reason for existing. Our Purpose is To improve the lives of
MMI Employees, Customers, & Vendors. We live our Core Values every
- Happy Choose to be happy and treat others with respect.
- Hungry Seek learning and create opportunities. Adapt to
- Hardworking Be ambitious and obsessed with quality.
- Honorable Demonstrate humility and integrity and put the team
first. If you appreciate our purpose and embrace our core values
stated above, we would like for you to apply. Associated topics:
administrator, construction manager, consultant, gcc, healthcare,
manager, project, site, site supervisor, superintendent
Keywords: MMI Industrial & Steel, Mesa , Semiconductor Services Construction Manager, Executive , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!