Health Unit Coordinator
Company: Valleywise Health System
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the HUC's main
responsibilities are to act as a liaison between the patients and
staff. They must have excellent communication skills in order to
serve as this vital link between the physicians, nursing staff,
various departments, patients, and visitors. Unit coordinators
serve as receptionists on patient floors and in the clinic setting;
they must possess a pleasant and professional disposition in
dealing with the public. Performs a variety of diversified
secretarial duties for the unit, which includes but is not limited
to; typing, filing, data input, answering phones, ordering supplies
and preparing special projects for the unit. Provides support to
the clinical staff by tracking consults, stat orders, supplies,
patient movement throughout the system, etc. Assumes responsibility
and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission,
critical goals, and behavioral standards of the organization into
their job performance.Qualifications:Education:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.Experience:
- Requires completion of an approved health unit
coordinator/secretary program or must have a minimum of one (1)
year of related experience that demonstrates an understanding of
the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in
a healthcare setting.Specialized Training:
- NAHUC certification is preferred.
- Desert Vista - Unit 2 Adolescent: Must have a valid fingerprint
clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or
submit completed application to the Arizona Department of Public
Safety within seven days of hire date. Fingerprint clearance cards
must remain valid for the entire period of issuance and must be
renewed prior to expiration.
- Med Psych - Unit II: Must have CPI certification within 14 days
of hire.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be
proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication and time management
- Knowledge of electronic medical record is helpful for the
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the philosophy and
technique of the restraint application.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in
English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of
the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years
of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under
A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel
member's scope of practice.
Location: Valleywise Health System -- BH Unit 4 - Mesa
Schedule: Regular PT 24 Hours Per Week, Days
Keywords: Valleywise Health System, Mesa , Health Unit Coordinator, Healthcare , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!