Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe LPN works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team
providing treatment services according to the Discovery Behavioral
Health Clinical Model.**This position offers a $1,000 sign on
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from charge nurse, director of nursing,
physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube when needed.
- Completing waived test for glucose monitoring, UA, Drug screen,
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the
orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for
- Manages client-----TMs medical needs including schedule
appointments, complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical
treatments and tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
or others.This is a full time overnight position that will work
6:00pm - 6:30am at one of our residential/inpatient programs.--
- Completion of a LVN/LPN or equivalent.
- Holds a current LVN/LPN license in good standing or
- One year experience preferred working in mental health or
eating disorders field.
- Blood draw certificate preferred.
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire.
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire.
- Must possess a current Driver-----TMs License in good
standingAdditional InformationWe are proud to be an EEO employer
M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.-- All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.For more information
about our company benefits, please visit us at
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Location: Mesa, AZ - 85204
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Mesa , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!