Advanced Clinical Nurse
Company: Valleywise Health System
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, an Advanced Clinical
Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for
patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines.
Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to:
patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing
problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to
Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and
educator; completes and processes all required documentation;
indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and
participates in team building and quality improvement activities.
The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to
promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare
for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. In addition, an
Advance Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in
professional practice through additional activities such as quality
improvement and leadership.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.Experience:
- Must have at least one (1) year of recent behavioral health RN
experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required
knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN
program at Valleywise Health then must have at least one year of
Valleywise Health experience as a RN and be in good
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN
license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of
practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association and must
renew it every two years.
- CPI certification training will be provided upon hire/transfer
to department, must be renewed every two years, and must be
obtained prior to providing patient care.
- In addition, the following additional certification(s) will be
required based on department assigned:
- Desert Vista- Unit 2 Adolescent: Must have a valid fingerprint
clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or
submit completed application to the Arizona Department of Public
Safety within seven days of hire date. Fingerprint clearance cards
must remain valid for the entire period of issuance and must be
renewed prior to expiration.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g.
formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches,
etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic
medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in
English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of
the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years
of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under
A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel
member's scope of practice.
Location: Valleywise Health System - BH Specialty Clinic - Mesa
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week, Days
Keywords: Valleywise Health System, Mesa , Advanced Clinical Nurse, Healthcare , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!