Company: IRONWOOD PHYSICIANS,P.C.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful
state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Women's Centers, with
locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one
provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of
cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team
approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation
oncology, women's centers, diagnostic imaging services, integrative
services including social work and nutrition, and genetic
counseling. Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing
quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and
needs of each individual. Overview: We are looking for a qualified
and experienced injection MA to deliver compassionate care to our
Oncology patients by assisting with clinical tasks, performing
support services for clinical staff and providing direct
interaction with patients and their caregivers in our fast-paced
out-patient oncology clinic. Works under the supervision and
guidance of the Office Manager and Physicians. Assists Physicians
with patients in a broad variety of medical assistant functions.
Documents patient data in EMR. Performs job duties and
responsibilities in compliance with company policies and
procedures. Performs other duties and responsibilities as
required.Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday day shift
position. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preps patient charts via computer.
- Prepares and sanitizes all exam rooms for the day as well as in
between each patient.
- Rooms patients; completes and records vital signs and
applicable patient assessment items.
- Accepts and return phone calls as needed.
- Assists Injection MA as needed.
- Processes referrals as needed.
- Calls patients with results as directed by provider.
- Monitors Rx folder.
- Sets up orders; transfusions, direct admin to hospital,
- Charts appropriate notes into the EMR.
- Remains aware to equal work distribution amongst peers.
- Enrolls patients in drug replacement programs.
- Handles physician requests and coordinates special testing
- Assists coworkers in any area to provide quality patient
- Maintains a professional, team oriented, positive
- Must be willing to travel between offices with reliable
- Must be able to type and work on a computer.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor,
administrator, or physicians.Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules & regulations
- Knowledge of chemotherapy related drugs and supplies utilized
- Knowledge of diagnostic testing and radiation procedures
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to use office equipment and computer. Education and
- 1-2 years' experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
- National MA Certification. We offer a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision and
life insurance, 401K, and a caring work environment. We are an
E.O.E. Please visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com.
"Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time"
Keywords: IRONWOOD PHYSICIANS,P.C., Mesa , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!