ASHS - Program Director Occupational Therapy
Company: A.T. Still Univ of Health Sciences-ATSU
Posted on: August 5, 2022
ASHS - Program Director Occupational Therapy
- Opportunity.OpportunityDetail.PostedLabel : July 29, 2022
OpportunityDetail.CompanyInformation.LocationsThe Arizona School of
Health Sciences at A.T. Still University (ATSU-ASHS) invites
applications for a full-time Program Director of the accredited
masters (MSOT) and doctoral (OTD) graduate programs in the
Department of Occupational Therapy. We are seeking a vibrant and
innovative leader to continue the strong legacy of success in the
well-established Department of Occupational Therapy. The Program
Director reports directly to the Chair of the Department. The two
entry-level graduate programs are residential on the Mesa, Arizona
campus. Appointment will be for 12 months with rank and salary
commensurate with academic credentials and experience. Position to
begin immediately.The Director of the Occupational Therapy graduate
programs should have a strong record of excellence in higher
education with experience in the ACOTE accreditation
process/compliance, administration of programs, teaching, scholarly
activity, peer-reviewed research, and grant writing. The candidate
should be enthusiastic about joining a long-standing department
with recent 10-year re-accreditation of both graduate programs with
talented and collegial faculty. The candidate should value
interprofessional practice and education and support the mission of
the university for whole person healthcare dedicated to providing
an education to meet the needs of a diverse student body and
healthcare community.Skills Requirements:
- Evidence of the ability to provide leadership for the standing
programs and services.
- Evidence of excellent management and administration of academic
- Evidence of excellent planning, evaluation, and budgeting
skills.Evidence of the ability to maintain accreditation standards
for masters and doctoral programs.
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and professional development of
faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty and staff to inspire
their energy and creativity.
- Ability to work with community partners to develop and execute
shared long-range goals and plans.
- Serve as a visible and effective spokesperson for the program
with the profession, relevant state agencies and professional
- Administer and manage all fiscal, data recording, and data
reporting processes for faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- Provide oversite of clinical programs including all fiscal,
clinical, data recording, and data reporting processes for clients,
faculty, staff, and student clinicians.
- Implement strategic planning initiatives for the program.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, ACOTE, and university
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in fostering diversity,
equity, and inclusion.
- The program director is a dual academic leadership and
tenure-track faculty role. The program director will meet teaching,
scholarship and service goals required of faculty as identified in
the annual professional development plan. The
- Arizona School of Health Sciences has a flexible workload
policy which allows for reduced teaching loads for research and
administrative activities.Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, scholarship, and
administration, in an institution of higher education.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and management
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to
interact effectively with colleagues, administrators and faculty
members and students, as well as external constituencies.
- Advanced certifications and specialty expertise will be an
- Eligible for the rank of Assistant of Associate Professor with
- Doctoral degree (PhD preferred in any related field, including
biomedical sciences) or a post-professional occupational therapy
doctoral degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by an
institutional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of
- Minimum of 8 years of documented experience in the field of
- Experience must include clinical practice as an occupational
- Eligibility for licensure in the state of Arizona
- Initially certified as an occupational therapist
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an academic settingA.T.
Still University (ATSU) is the founding institution of osteopathic
healthcare, established in 1892 by Andrew Taylor Still . As a
leading health sciences university, ATSU is comprised of two
campuses (Kirksville, Mo., and Mesa, Ariz.) on more than 200 acres
with six prestigious schools. The culturally rich learning
environments include residential and online healthcare related
graduate degrees as well as community-based partnerships worldwide.
ATSU has more than 1,300 employees dedicated to its not-for-profit
mission and an average annual enrollment of over 3,100 students
from 35 countries.ATSU is renowned for its preeminence as a
multidisciplinary healthcare educator. The University is focused on
integrating the founding tenets of osteopathic medicine and the
advancing knowledge of today's science. ATSU continually earns
distinctions as the graduate health sciences university with
best-in-class curriculum and a community outreach mission to serve
the underserved. The University has a rich history of leadership in
both healthcare education and correlated research.ATSU instills
within students the compassion, experience and knowledge required
to address the whole person and shape healthcare in communities
where needs are greatest. Inspired to influence whole person
healthcare, ATSU graduates contribute to the future of integrated
care while also leading with a selfless passion in the communities
they serve.ATSU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex (including pregnancy),
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or
veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or
employment in its programs and activities. Dating violence,
domestic violence, sexual assault (e.g., non-consensual sexual
contact/intercourse), stalking, harassment, and retaliation are
forms of discrimination prohibited by ATSU. ATSU offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and
vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected
benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date.
For more information, please visit:atsu.edu/employment/benefits .
Opportunity.OpportunityDetail.Qualifications Teaching Advanced
Research Advanced Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Experience in occupational therapy that must include at least 3
years' experience in a full-time academic appointment.
Keywords: A.T. Still Univ of Health Sciences-ATSU, Mesa , ASHS - Program Director Occupational Therapy, Healthcare , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!