Plasma Center Nurse - LPN
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: May 22, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About BioLife Plasma
ServicesEvery day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do
helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you
focus on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment. BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE The Medical
Support Specialist determines donor eligibility to donate plasma,
management of donor adverse events, review of laboratory test
results, donor notification of unsuitable test results. The Medical
Support Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Center
Manager (or Assistant Manager as applicable) for operational
guidance and under the supervision of the Center Physician for
medical issues. Ideally, the Medical Support Specialist will be
familiar with regulations of the plasma collection industry and/or
a manufacturing environment. The Medical SupportSpecialist follows
guidance provided by BioLife Medical Affairs and provides center
level support of environmental, health and safety (EHS).
- Donor Eligibility (85%)
- Determine donor eligibility accurately and in a timely manner,
to include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education
and confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and
acceptance requirements, physical examination, blood testing, and
reviewing Serological Protein Electrophoresis (SPE) as
- Evaluate and manage donor reaction(s), which occurs at the
facility as outlined in the SOPs. Follow applicable SOPs for
medical emergencies including the execution of Center Physician's
standing orders and donor transport to emergency care
- Manage donor deferral; reviews test results and notify donors
of unsuitable test results per applicable SOPs.
- Initiation and investigation of Post Donation Information
- Refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as
applicable) when in need of providing unacceptable findings to
donors, problem solving, or guidance concerning medical or
technical issues, including donor safety and eligibility.
- Demonstrate continued competency in the performance of job
responsibilities and complete periodic assessment with the Center
Physician per applicable SOPs.
- Assist the EHS program as required per SOPs or as requested by
the EHS Manager (5%)
- Conduct pre-placement evaluation of new hires to include
assessment of medical history questionnaire.
- Support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs
for employees as applicable.
- Maintain applicable employee medical records.
- Member of EHS site committee and assist in training of
employees, as required.
- Manage employee incidents and determine whether further
evaluation is required by occupational health/ER. Refer to EHS
guidance regarding employee incidents.
- Administer first aid to employees as needed.
- Act as Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS.
- Supports investigations associated with pandemic threats within
local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
- May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History
(including, but not limited to): (10%)
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature
measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor
measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.Enter
donor information into the Donor Information System (DIS).
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Currently licensed or certified in the state where duties will
be assigned: Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse (LPN or
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED
- Fulfillment of state requirements (in state of licensure) for
basic IV therapy
- Able to satisfactorily complete the FDA approved training
requirements for BioLife Medical Support Specialist
- Minimum of two years in a clinical or hospital setting
- Effective communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to work with other Center Medical Team members to
ensure coverage of all operating hoursLeadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
- Effective coaching and counseling skills.Decision-making and
- Routinely makes decisions determining donor eligibility.
- Seeks guidance from Center Physician and Center Management
(including Quality) for medium to high impact decisions and urgent
- Regularly advises and consults with donors/customers
- Coordinates with Center Management team and Quality to ensure
successful operation standards are met (Internal)Interaction
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Effective coaching and counseling skills.Innovation
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Willingness to travel preferred. (less than 10%) EDUCATION,
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential: Graduate of a
recognized educational program.Desired:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years in a clinical or hospital setting
preferred. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Locations USA - AZ - Mesa Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Mesa , Plasma Center Nurse - LPN, Healthcare , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...