Company: First Transit
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Have you considered being a Transit Trainer? Now is your chance!
First Transit is looking for Transit Trainers in Mesa, AZ to train
drivers and other location employees to become operators with
respect to safety and regulatory compliance. First Transit hires
individuals who make safety and customer service their top
priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to
succeed, we are looking for you! That is why our employees call
this the “love-what-you-do” line of work! Our Transit Trainers
- $31.00/ HR
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- A great work environment Our Transit Trainers are responsible
- Provides classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training to new
operators or re-training of current operators. May provide other
training to location personnel.
- Tracks attendees and maintains training documentation based on
regulations and company policy.
- While the focus of the position is on driver training, employee
may also have other safety program responsibilities (e.g., accident
investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings).
- Other duties as assigned. To qualify as a Transit Trainer,
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years training experience
- 1 to 3 years transportation, safety or related experience
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding
safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with
ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials and general public
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
needed First for a Reason Benefits We offer competitive
compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and
business), including physical and mental health initiatives,
medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation. Diversity
& Inclusion Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in
promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for
you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In
addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future
leaders at First Transit. Extensive Training Build skills and
knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention,
technology and equipment, and job efficiency. Community Service &
Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and
First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive
impact on others. First Transit carries approximately 350 million
passengers a year. Our employees play an integral role in our
mission to provide easy and convenient mobility and to improve
quality of life by connecting people and communities. APPLY TODAY!
Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not
authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any
reason. We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Mesa , Trainer II, Hospitality & Tourism , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...