Software Engineer II
Company: Envision LLC
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Envision is seeking a Software Engineer with Java development
experience within a Linux / Unix platform for our longer term
project with contract to hire potential in Chandler, AZ or work can
be performed in Leesburg, VA. Below is a brief outline of what we
are seeking on this project.
No C2C or Third Parties allowed on this project
Must be local to Phoenix, AZ area or Leesburg, VA area
This Software Engineer will work on development of our nation's
next generation of satellite and space flight ground systems. We
seek skilled and motivated software developers who want to take
their skills to the next level through hands-on development on a
diverse multi-disciplined team of engineers, operating in an agile
environment, using the latest tools and methodologies for multiple
long-term satellite ground system projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development using Java
- 3-5 years of experience working with Unix/Linux distributions
using command line terminals and GUI based desktop
- 3-5 years of software development experience in a collaborative
team environment using agile principles and a structured
development process including code reviews and automated DevOps
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Software
Engineering, System Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar
advanced technical education from an accredited college - ABET
- Due to ITAR restrictions, U.S. citizenship is required.
Preferred Java Developer Qualifications
- Experience in software development using Java 8
- Experience building REST based services and/or applications
that communicate with REST services
- Experience using Maven for build and dependency management for
- Experience building unit tests using Junit with a high level of
- Experience using MongoDB and PostgreSQL database engines for
React, Redux, HTML5, and CSS
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as
Babel, Webpack, etc
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web
- Ability to understand user interactions and develops a user
experience that accomplishes the desired user interactions.
Although the following skills are not required, it is highly
desirable for the candidate to have some level of experience in the
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA
Agile, and Confluence
- Experience automating software builds, unit tests, integration
tests, deployment, and installations using a DevOps tool chain
(Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, etc)
- Experience using SonarQube and/or Coverity to instrument, trend
and manage code quality
- Experience developing containerized microservices deployed into
a cloud based orchestration framework such as AWS, Docker Swarm, or
As a team member, you will be actively performing and growing the
- Assisting with the development, documentation and maintenance
of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs
for software systems.
- Developing and maintains code and integrates software
components into a fully functional software system.
- Assisting with test procedures and documenting test results to
ensure software system requirements are met.
- Supporting software project management and software supplier
- Selecting, tailoring and deploying processes and tools;
- Performing software research and trade studies.
- Troubleshooting software issues.
Keywords: Envision LLC, Mesa , Software Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!