Full Stack Java Support Developer
Company: Verra Mobility
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Who we are...:Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart
mobility. A combination of the global capabilities and talents of
American Traffic Solutions (ATS), Highway Toll Administration
(HTA), and Euro Parking Collection (EPC), the company develops
technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and
easily. Verra Mobility fosters the development of safe cities,
working with police departments and municipalities by operating
more than 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety
cameras in more than 200 jurisdictions across North America. The
company also creates smart roadways, serving the world's largest
commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling
transactions and violations for more than 8.5 million vehicles.
Verra Mobility is a leading provider of connected systems,
processing nearly 165 million transactions each year through
connectivity with more than 50 individual tolling authorities and
more than 400 issuing authorities. Arizona-based Verra Mobility
Corp. currently operates in 15 countries and in 22 languages.
Focused on solutions that help the world move safely and easily,
Verra Mobility builds safe cities, smart roadways, and the
connected systems that tie them together. The company is constantly
looking toward the future, ensuring it creates relevant solutions
today that will work tomorrow. Seeking to understand new customers,
regions, and businesses that will shape tomorrow's smart mobility
experiences, Verra Mobility strives to ensure more people around
the world reach their destination safely and easily. Keeping its
core principles front and center, Verra Mobility is fueled by
relationships, driven by impact, guided by what's right, and
energized by what's next.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial
company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach.
The company lives by its core values-Do What's Right, Lead with
Grace, Win Together, and Own It-in everything it does for its
customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively,
both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the
undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias
for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and
commitment to excellence.Position Overview:The Software Support
Engineer is responsible for supporting production applications the
functioning of software. The role involves analyzing user
requirements and translating these into designs and specifications
for software development in an agile team environment.Essential
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related
- Develop, refine, and tune integration between
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering
solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Undertake autonomous delivery of specific software and testing
- Participate in agile estimations, planning, daily ceremonies
and retrospectives to drive continuous improvement in team and
- Assist in the collection and documentation of production
support activities as well as development of application
documentation and processes.
- Planning, processing and performing own work in an efficient
manner with little or no assistance from the supervisor as part of
an agile development team.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills
and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of
clients and staff.
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed
to determine system problems.Qualifications:
- 5+ Years of enterprise software design and development in
- Experience with J2EE, JMS, Java frameworks -Struts, JSP
- Experience with web services like SOAP and REST.
(JQuery, AngularJS, React), HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with IBM WebSphere (or similar J2EE container)
- Strong experience with Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience with Git, ANT, Maven and Bamboo/Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with *nix based operating systems
- Exposure to JIRA or similar issue tracker.
- Unit Testing (Junit, Mockito, EasyMock) and Test-Driven
- Tertiary Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software
- The ideal candidate will possess expertise with the latest
cutting-edge technologies used in building software applications at
- Ability to work autonomously on complex technical
- Experience with source control management systems and
continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Knowledge of automated testing.
- Experience with agile development methodologies including
Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and
service-oriented application development techniques and
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both
independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills.
- Experience building scalable and fault-tolerant systems in
complex and hybrid environments.
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values
Do What's Right - We've committed to doing the right thing for each
other and for our customers - integrity is our DNA
- Lead With Grace - We embrace the importance of our colleagues
and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It - We foster a culture of accountability and excellence,
where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together - We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we
win more when we include others and work together.
Keywords: Verra Mobility, Mesa , Full Stack Java Support Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!