Technical Supervisor - Banner Desert (Blood Bank) - Mesa, AZ, United States
Company: Sonora Quest
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Sonora Quest Laboratories/Laboratory Sciences of Arizona. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management or Sales Incentive Programs as part of your Total Rewards package.
Find your Voice, Passion, & Purpose
This position provides general operational supervision under the direction of the director/manager to assigned personnel. Responsible for organizing, directing and controlling workflow aspects of the section in order to improves processes to provide high quality and cost effective services.
1. Hires, trains and conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions. Provides leadership, coaching, recognition, and staff development. Establishes priorities, workloads, schedules, controls, work procedures and day-to-day problem resolution and trouble shooting utilizing Six Sigma and Lean concepts, tools and methodology in the department
2. Schedules and manages the use of labor and resources within budgetary guidelines. Manages waste reduction and establishes priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed for expense reduction. Prepares and/or provides input for the department budget.
3. Under the direction of management, ensures area(s) of responsibility are maintained in accreditation with College of American Pathologists (CAP), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and licensing for Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) for patient care and nursing. Also ensures laboratory is compliant with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
4. Participates and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate activities to maximize service quality, compliance effectiveness and efficiency. Develops and monitors performance matrix to ensure quality patient care.
5. Serves as a resource and communication liaison by facilitating timely and accurate dissemination of information within the organization and to parent partners.
--- Bachelor's Degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
--- Four (4) years' training and experience in high-complexity testing in the respective specialty.
--- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
--- MLS or Specialty Certification.
--- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Keywords: Sonora Quest, Mesa , Technical Supervisor - Banner Desert (Blood Bank) - Mesa, AZ, United States, IT / Software / Systems , Mesa, Arizona
here to apply!