Flight line technican
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Position Description:Completes assigned aircraft tasks as
directed by Flight Line Crew Chief or supervisor, including open
and incomplete planning, one shots, rework, and production test and
production acceptance test procedures in compliance with written or
verbal instructions.Job DescriptionBoeing Defense, Space, and
Security is seeking Flight Line Technicians to support Apache
Operations in Mesa, AZ. The Flight Line Technician completes
assigned aircraft tasks as directed by Flight Line Crew Chief or
supervisor, including open and incomplete planning, one shots,
rework, and production test and production acceptance test
procedures in compliance with written or verbal
- Follow all documentation required to complete job tasks, such
as planning, drawings, processes, standards, technical manuals,
schematics, discrepancy reports, alerts, directives, and customer
- Operate all ground support equipment required to supply or
service aircraft electrically, hydraulically, pneumatically, and
with fuel; verifies aircraft preparedness and availability of
ground support equipment.
- Troubleshoot anomalies encountered in aircraft subsystems.
- Implement corrective actions.
- Provide scheduled or unscheduled aircraft maintenance prior to
flight or afterward, such as daily or special inspections,
adjustments, tabbing, balancing, and pilot discrepancy
- Use standard or special tooling required for mechanical,
electrical, or airframe installation, removal, rework and
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign
Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformances issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring
equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or
corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on
dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to
safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential
improvements to product or process.Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Experience with aircraft flight line maintenance, manufacturing
or assembly operations.
- Experience interpreting and working from blueprints, sketches,
and written and verbal instructions.
- Experience using computer systems for office and shop
- Capable of working 1st or 2nd shift.Preferred (Desired)
- Experience with aircraft structural, mechanical, power plant,
avionics/electrical, and system operation.
- Experience with assembly methods and common shop
- 3 years or more of AH-64D/E flight line and maintenance
- Proficient with the ULLS-A system.
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation.
- Experience working with others as part of a team which includes
giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion
of tasks.Typical Education & Experience:
- This job requires specialized vocational training or an
Associate's degree and 3 to 5 years work related experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.Other Relevant
Information and Requirements:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15 is
required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylee.
- This position will require the flexibility to work 1st or 2nd
- This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live
in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: BOEING, Mesa , Flight line technican, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!