Front Office Medical Assistant - Mesa East, AZ
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join Village Medical as a Patient Reception Specialist
(Front Office Medical Assistant) in Mesa East.
9230 E. Main
Street, Mesa, AZ 85207
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare
Reporting to the Practice Administrator, the
Patient Reception Specialist (Front Office Medical
Assistant) is responsible for ensuring easy, efficient,
and service-oriented check-in and check-out process at the
practice. This individual will be responsible for patient
registration, check-in and check-out as well as answering calls,
creating patient encounters, scheduling appointments. He/she will
ensure accurate data entry in necessary practice systems as well as
filing insurance claims and patient account follow up. He/she will
also be accountable for regular reporting requests that support
practice operations and appropriate patient communication.
While this role will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities and
expectations of the position include:
Background And Educational Requirements
- Greets all patients and visitors in a professional and
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver's license,
authorizations, referrals and other required appointment
documentation and appropriately saves them in practice EMR.
- Performs demographic and insurance validation, and informs
patient of privacy policies and procedures.
- Adheres to practice and regulatory mandates around maintaining
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients
and assists with patient comfort should delays arise.
- Appropriately prepares for day in accordance with practice
schedules including reviewing Patient Eligibility and Phone report,
preparing new patient paperwork and scanning into EMR upon patient
- In partnership with Patient Reception team, reviews and
complies required Patient Notes and Appointment Notes along to
ensure appropriate documentation.
- Receives practice deliveries and follows designated protocol
for logging and notifying appropriate personnel.
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges and
outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches on
a daily basis.
- Keeps the reception and patient waiting areas clean and
- Enters charges into EMR and submits appropriate claims for Real
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Facilitates an exceptional patient experience with a high level
of service, communication and support.
- Supports overall efficient practice operation including service
and support of providers and demonstrating a "can-do" attitude with
respect to solving problems and resolving patient and practice
- Medical Assistant Certification required
- Must have current BLS certification for healthcare providers
through American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine,
urgent care or ER preferred
- 3 - 5 years administrative assistant experience in a medical
office, including hands-on knowledge of medical billing.
- Adept in medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Proficient in use of computer programs and applications
including Outlook applications and practice EMR systems.
- Competent in basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and
reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Knowledgeable of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
Our unique Village Medical culture - how inclusion and
diversity make the difference.
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of
achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity;
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively
both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic,
can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion
as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe
building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse
perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an
understanding that people do not experience things in the same way,
including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at
Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at Village Medical are
considered without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical
Keywords: VillageMD, Mesa , Front Office Medical Assistant - Mesa East, AZ, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!