Nursing Instructor - Substitute
Company: Pima Medical Institute
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Instruct and implement the Nursing program to educate students
in accordance with the curriculum, standards, and objectives. Will
have variable classroom and/or clinical teaching workload, with a
1:1 contact hour target range equivalent to 15-30 contact semester
hours, depending upon the number of students, the curriculum needs,
level of student coursework, the number and geographic locations of
clinical facilities and responsibilities related to both student
and non student contact hours, in accordance with policies in the
Employee Handbook, the Catalog and State Board of Nursing Rules and
* Provide didactic and/or clinical learning experiences for
* Prepare and deliver lesson plans based on approved Course
Syllabi, Course Objectives and Course Outlines.
* In conjunction with the Program Director, develop, implement, and
evaluate the program of learning.
* Interview and counsel applicants.
* In conjunction with the Program Director, develop standards for
the admission, progression, and graduation of students.
* Maintain student records.
* Provide personal and academic counseling.
* Upkeep and inventory of Skill Laboratory.
* Recommend new equipment and software.
* Coordinate student activities.
* Provide for the supervision of students.
* Orient and mentor new faculty.
* Maintain successful working relationship with clinical site
* Schedule and meet with students on regular basis to provide
* Coordinate learning objectives from didactic environment to
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be
* Master's degree, preferably in nursing. Master's degree in other
field acceptable if baccalaureate degree is in nursing.
* Graduation from an accredited Nursing program recognized by the
U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education
* Three (3) years of occupational experience as a Nurse providing
direct patient care.
* One (1) year full-time teaching experience or administering a
nursing education program leading to licensure preferred.
* Current Arizona Nursing license (or multi-state privilege to
practice in Arizona) in good standing, and any other certification,
or credential as required by local, state, or federal laws to work
in the field.
* Verbal and written communications skills.
* Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer
Keywords: Pima Medical Institute, Mesa , Nursing Instructor - Substitute, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!