Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional
dining experience for all of our guests. Responsible for selling
and serving food and beverages in an efficient; professional manner
according to Native Grill & Wings standards. Each server’s primary
objective is to WOW the guest so they will want to return again and
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete all assigned opening duties to prepare the bar for
• Greet bar guest with beverage napkins and serve guests in a
professional and timely manner. Offer two specific drinks by name
prior to taking beverage order.
• Shake hands with guests and introduce yourself. Ask for the
guests’ name so you can personally recognize regular guests.
• Inform the guest of any on-going promotion.
• Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions
regarding beverages and menu items.
• Prepare alcoholic, non-alcoholic and other beverages for
guests and servers in accordance with standard recipes.
• Receive, garnish and serve food orders to guests seated in the
• Prepare all condiments to garnish drink orders.
• Appropriately garnish drink orders.
• Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt
into the POS system.
• Place guests’ check in front of guest after a new item is
ordered. This confirms that you have charged the guest for the
correct amount of drinks. It also helps you monitor their alcohol
consumption so over serving is never an issue.
• Offer two specific appetizers by name when delivery guest’s
• Apply knowledge of the full menu, beverages and other
restaurant information such as restaurant and bar hours,
promotional events and types of payment accepted.
• Make drink orders for the well after receiving a ticket from
your bar printer. Be sure to fully read the ticket for any
modifications the guest has requested.
• Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county
and municipal regulations pertaining to alcohol service.
• Clear and reset bar top and tables in the bar area.
• Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make
correct change (if applicable).
• Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies as needed.
Inform management of inventory shortages.
• Account for cash transactions, charge transactions and balance
cash drawer to sales each shift.
• Complete assigned opening, running, and closing duties.
Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies as needed.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and
efficient operations as directed by the manager or general
• Maintain a clean bar at all times by wiping the bar regularly,
disposing of debris and bottles. Wash and sterilize glassware
behind the bar as needed. Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the
bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage
• Check and maintain stock of glassware, beverages and bar
supplies throughout shift.
• Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional
manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of
• Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to
• Assist with answering the telephone, taking messages or to-go
orders, and directing calls as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.