Company: Southwest Key Programs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Cook is responsible for food preparation for the youth at
the shelter during the assigned shift.
- Prepare quality food for youth.
- Assistance in menu preparation to ensure compliance with
specified standards and recommendations by the American Dietetic
Association, funding source, State licensing, National School Lunch
Programs (NSLP) and Southwest Key guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, safe and hazard-free dining room and kitchen
facility at all times.
- Ensure the kitchen is in compliance with health department
- Assist in maintaining inventory for food purchases and
equipment including monitoring monthly waste control.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and
vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by
regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and
- Enter menus in a timely manner into NSLP data base.
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking
- Apportion and serve food to facility residents.
- Must assist in the evacuation of youth as needed due to
inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- One (1) or Two (2) years experience in food service preparation
within a residential, institutional or educational, or large
- Food handler's permit.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license preferred and be
eligible to drive to facilitate program services as required by
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Cleared drug test results (Texas programs only).
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
Must be able to obtain Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI)
certification and First Aid Certification (CPR). Must be able to
supervise clients indoors and outdoors as necessary. Bending,
stooping and lifting up to 30 lbs required to complete daily tasks.
Most activities include repetitive motions and can include overhead
This is a twenty four hour residential facility at which minors
receive multiple services. Three shifts per twenty four hour
period. Work shifts are subject to change. Noise levels vary from
mild to moderate. Predominantly indoors, occasional outdoor
monitoring or activities. This is a fast paced environment with
various sharp objects present and extreme temperatures. Involves
walking and standing for extended periods of time.
Keywords: Southwest Key Programs, Mesa , Cook, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!