Paramedic/Emergency Medical Service Instructor
Company: Pima Medical Institute
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Instruct and implement the Emergency Medical Services program to
educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and
objectives. Provide oversight of quality and integrity of Emergency
Medical Services program.
Approximate hours will be 30 hours/week
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to
include scheduled activities and materials of sequences.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon
student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and
coordinate with the Student Services Coordinator or Associate
Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance
reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce
student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay
in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all
classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established
policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each sequence to
update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in
curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field
trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in
class and individually.
- Assist and counsel students with Emergency Medical Services
- Monitor student academic progress and inform the Student
Services Coordinator or Associate Director when a student's grade
average for any course drops below 77%.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure
safety precautions are adhered to.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Emergency Medical
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be
- Associate's degree from an institution accredited by a regional
or national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of
- Graduate from an accredited Paramedic program recognized by the
U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education
Accreditation (CHEA), or an otherwise recognized training entity
(e.g., hospital-based program).
- Four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those
instructors who did not graduate from an accredited Paramedic
- Three (3) years occupational (i.e., practical) experience in
the Paramedic field.
- Knowledgeable in course content and effective in teaching
assigned subjects, and capable through academic preparation,
training and experience to teach the courses or topics
- Certified by a nationally recognized certifying organization at
an equal or higher level of professional training than the
Emergency Medical Services Profession(s) for which training is
- Current license, certification, or other designation as
required by local, state, or federal laws to work as a
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer
Keywords: Pima Medical Institute, Mesa , Paramedic/Emergency Medical Service Instructor, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!