Manager, Business Operations - Customer Assistance Team
Company: Santander Bank
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Apply Req ID: oKOuffw1 Date posted 05/26/2021
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's
business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by
driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people,
processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance,
increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the
sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the
highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews
data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute
service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet
company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant
requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to
identify developments and translate them into operational
implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Collections
Accountable for the day-to-day support of consumer loan and
lease accounts in all stages and statuses in order to ensure that
payments are received in a timely manner and to minimize losses.
Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations.
Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manger, Auto Loan & Lease Collections is responsible for
ensuring a high level of customer service throughout the team's
collections efforts. The goal of the team is to protect our
stakeholders while finding the right solutions for customers who
are having financial difficulty. The incumbent works to reduce
financial Risk and manages performance, staffing, efficiency,
quality, process, compliance, and elements of strategy.
- Oversees day-to-day collections operations.
- Achieves KPI's for collections on past due loans.
- Supports compliance efforts by creating processes to meet all
- Manage resources to effectively handle volume in real-time
(scheduling, blending dialer utilization, etc.)
- Supports Quality Assurance efforts with solid training,
coaching, and personal development of your team
- Performs additional functions and/or stretch assignments as
- Creates individual strategies to improve the performance of the
- Recommends & establishes efficient processes to obtain
collection goals, including costs
- Recommends reporting to ensure productivity goals and strategy
can be measured
- Documents employee activity including attendance, training, and
other employee-related issues.
- Recommends improvements and takes necessary actions to make
updates to policies, procedures as needed to ensure an effective
- Trains and helps develop staff to written standard based on
subject matter expertise.
- Manages the processing of all incoming work, and oversee
subordinate staff members, all in an accurate and timely
- Runs performance reports related to budget, process
- Monitors associates' calling queues and volume to ensure
accounts are worked according to business strategy and within
Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Demonstrates situational awareness with a strong sense of
urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly
- Operates within established budget.
- Monitors electronic time keeping system for all direct reports
to ensure integrity as well as resolves issues such as missed
punches, overtime, and PTO prior to the end of each payroll
- Identifies, minimizes, and escalates risk where
- Monitors and resolves high-risk accounts.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data relative to
- Provides oversight and assistance in the management of 3rd
party vendors and service providers for Consumer Operations.
- Reviews action of control and exception reports and ensures
breaks are researched and resolved per agreed department standards.
For unresolved items, provides detailed commentary and explanations
for discrepancies including estimated time frames for
- Discusses and reviews call/account and/or collection activity
regularly with staff to ensure practices in accordance with all
state and federal laws.
- Directly supervises, trains, and develops staff in customer
service and collection skills and competencies to maximize
productivity, the potential of collecting delinquent accounts, and
providing one call resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is
responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation
of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with Santander's policies and applicable laws.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing,
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is
required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend,
kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other
duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance
of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at
any time. This job description is not a contract for employment,
and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any
time, for any reason.
Keywords: Santander Bank, Mesa , Manager, Business Operations - Customer Assistance Team, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!