QA Inspector 1
Company: DexCom, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through
innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a
leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of
users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves
diabetes management around the world.
Functional Description: Support Individual Contributor
Performs inspections, checks testing and sampling procedures for
product manufacturing processes. Carries out packaging line,
manufacturing inspections and sampling and testing of incoming
components and raw materials to ensure that company standards are
met. Monitors critical equipment and instrumentation. May draft
procedures and assist with validating or troubleshooting testing
methods, including assays. May apply approval or rejection labels
to bulk raw materials once analytical data is evaluated.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing in-process and final product review of documents for
accurate format, signatures, dating and Good Documentation
Practices (GMP) for commercial and clinical product in a timely
- Maintain compliance with operating procedures and ensure
training is completed prior to the operation of a task.
- Ensure all documentation is legible, complete and correct per
current Good Manufacturing Practices Inspect labeling for the
- Understand and perform line clearance activities in
- Perform in-process quality audits in manufacturing to assure
compliance to manufacturing documentation and good documentation
- Assist with the NCMR process during manufacturing of commercial
and clinical product.
- Demonstrate good computer skills and perform computer
operations to generate reports and graphs using Microsoft Word and
- Perform in-process product inspection and testing for
commercial and clinical product.
- Must be able to distinguish between certain colors and pass an
annual color vision test
- Familiarize yourself with the manufacturing processes.
- Review shipping documentation to assure accurate order
- Works closely with Research & Development, Regulatory Affairs,
Clinical, and Manufacturing groups.
- Provide training for new employees
- Takes on new challenges and expanding roles to assist with
growing demands within different areas of the Quality
- Must have strong organization skills and attention to
- Assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ideally has past experience working with the following; Agile,
Oracle and/or Camstar software programs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a quality assurance/quality
control regulated environment; or equivalent combination of
education, experience and/or training.
- Basic understanding of general job aspects and limited
understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- Acquires job skills and learns the policies and procedures
required to complete routine tasks.
- Work at this level requires following standardized, routine
methods, under immediate supervision.
- Assignments are routine in nature and expectation is to follow
pre-established guidelines and procedures.
- Contacts are mostly within own team and immediate
- Little responsibility for decisions as to method or selection
- Receives detailed instructions on routine work and new
- Works under close supervision.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment
selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is
only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized
staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit
profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom
does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies.
Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team,
Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: DexCom, Inc., Mesa , QA Inspector 1, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!