Accounts Receivable Representative - Mesa, AZ
The accounts receivable representative will be responsible for
maintaining industry standards for the A/R they are assigned to for
all carriers in regards to aging, collection rates, and DSO.
This position will also post contractual and courtesy
adjustments as needed; be responsible for the follow up on all
outstanding insurance and patient claims; will work the aging
reports as directed by the A/R Manager, be responsible for lowering
the aging insurance A/R to acceptable standards, and help in the
preparation of spreadsheets and aging analysis for meetings with
insurance carriers and the resubmission of claims.
* Daily follow up on all outstanding insurance and patient
claims they are responsible for.
* When needed work failed bill and claim reports generated by
the clearinghouse and insurance carriers.
* Post contractual adjustments and transfer deductibles to
patient accounts based of correspondence from the insurance
* Assist with claim resubmission projects when necessary.
* Work with supervisors to streamline billing procedures based
on denial types.
* Call insurance companies on unpaid claims.
* Review accounts that have partial or under payments.
* Prepare spreadsheets on unpaid or partial pay claims for
resubmission to payers.
* Handle correspondence from insurance companies including
denials, information requests or refund requests.
* Handle incoming calls from patients and insurance companies
regarding claims and patient balances.
* Review accounts to determine if billed correctly.