Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through
innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a
leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of
users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves
diabetes management around the world.
Supervises and coordinates daily employee activities including
Unloading, Receiving, Transporting, Order Picking, Shipping,
Putaway, Cycle Counting and Inventory Control of raw materials
and/or finished goods. Drives continuous improvement in the
operation while ensuring teams are achieving daily operational
targets. Responsible for maintaining proper safety conditions and
compliance with policies and procedures.
Supervisor will drive best practices and a high performing
culture that's aligned to the Global Logistics Strategy and the
growth of the Company.
Functional Description: Management
Coordinates the efficient movement of materials. Selects,
develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation
of the function. Manages contractual relationships with Freight
Carriers, 3 PLs and other suppliers. Interfaces with the greater
supply chain and commercial functions to assure service levels and
cost goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Hire, train, and provide supervision to a team of material
handlers and leads in daily warehouse operations ensuring that
daily targets are achieved while maintaining compliance to quality
and safety procedures.
- Establish and report on daily, weekly, and monthly targets for
material handling staff to ensure that business objectives are met.
Perform root cause analysis and develop corrective action plans on
- Drive a high performing culture by developing a robust training
and couching program including establishing new hire/onboarding
process, driving a cross training program, conducting performance
reviews with employees on a regular basis, and creating development
plans for employees.
- Support inventory bin and financial accuracy for the site by
driving real time transactions in all processes, ensuring the
completion of daily cycle counts, investigating inventory
discrepancies and performing root cause analysis and corrective
actions related to discrepancies.
- Propose and implement process improvements to streamline the
operation, reduce costs, and/or increase productivity while
ensuring quality, safety, and regulatory compliance is met.
- Develop and update work instructions to define and standardize
work procedures. Collaborate with quality assurance to implement
these work instructions.
- Conduct detailed investigations, including 5-why, fishbone, or
DMAIC to support the documentation of quality gaps through the CAPA
- Drive Logistics Excellence initiatives to meet business
objectives on time and within budget
- Ensure all material movements are transacted accurately and in
real time using designated ERP or WMS inventory system.
- Operate and provide training to material handlers on Material
Handling Equipment including sit down and stand up forklifts, and
manual and electric pallets jacks within a racked warehouse
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of
- 2+ years' experience of management / team lead experience.
- 2+ years of ERP system experience is required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel,
- Experience in developing detailed process work
- Experience in developing and reporting warehouse metrics
(productivity, financial, safety)
- Ability to rotate shift assignment regarding, day, night and
weekend supervisor coverage as deemed necessary by senior
- APICS or related certification
- Experience in cGMP environments, and working knowledge of
regulations and auditing bodies, e.g. ISO, FDA, HIPPA, OSHA,
Hazardous Materials, C-TPAT, and DOT/IATA
- Experience with various supply chain software/systems including
Oracle, Hi Jump, FedEx ship Manager, TMS, LMS, and/or dock
- Project Management Experience
- Strong knowledge of technical and functional principles and
ability to teach others.
- Understands company's mission and strategies.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and
the process by which to meet goals.
- Provides direction to others according to established policies
and management guidance.
- Administers company policies that directly affect team members
/ supporting employees.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Networks with senior internal and external colleagues in own
area of expertise.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires
review of relevant factors.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause
delays in schedules / work products.
- Provides direct supervision to individual contributors and/or
support individual contributors/matrix reports.
- Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively
involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- People management responsibilities include hiring /
terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in
English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to
perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking,
sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms,
climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear,
taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following
environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving
parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions,
extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of
electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration.
The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to
be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the
skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its
discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job
description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment
selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is
only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized
staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit
profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom
does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies.
Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team,
Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited