Dental Assistant - Expanded Function
Company: SCA Health
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Dental Assistant (Expanded Function) supports the dental
team by performing a range of clinical functions allowing the
dental team to function more efficiently and better serve the
patients, as well as managing clinical supplies, organizing and
maintaining lab equipment, taking and developing x-rays and
providing comprehensive education to patients.
- Provides routine maintenance and clean-up procedures on all
dental equipment and instruments.
- Performs cleaning, sharpening, packaging and sterilization
procedures on all dental equipment and their proper storage when
not in use.
- Stores supplies and replenishes when necessary.
- Provides receptionist, scheduling and seating of dental
patients, sets up proper instruments for dental procedures, and
accurately records treatment rendered on patient records.
- Provides chair-side assistance during routine examinations and
restorative, periodontal and surgical procedures as well as other
- Processes and mounts diagnostic radio graphs.
- Supports laboratory procedures, properly fills out laboratory
requisition, pours study models and trims models under supervision
of the Dentist.
- Provides oral prophylaxis treatment, consisting of rubber cup
coronal polishing and topical fluoride application as assigned by
- Selects, contours, places and removes matrix bands for
- Condenses the restorations in the prepared cavity, carves the
restorations, finishes the restorations, places the bases and
cavity liners, places temporary restorations, and takes
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of Dental Assistant experience with expanded
- Dental Assistant Certification; from an Accredited Dental
Assisting teaching institution, required
- Current Expanded Function Dental Assistant certificate,
- Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within 30 days
Indian Preference and Equal Employment Opportunity
SCAHC gives preference in hiring to San Carlos Apache Tribal
members and other Native Americans in accordance with the San
Carlos Apache Tribe's Tribal Preference Policy, as set forth in
Section 402 of the Tribe's Human Resources Department Policies and
Procedures Manual. Otherwise SCAHC does not discriminate in any way
to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise
adversely affect him/her because of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, citizenship, veteran status, military or uniformed
services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and
regulations. In addition, SCAHC complies with all applicable
federal, and Tribal laws governing nondiscrimination in
Keywords: SCA Health, Mesa , Dental Assistant - Expanded Function, Other , Peridot, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!