Program Manager II (21269)
Company: MD Helicopters Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Responsible for program leadership, execution, and customer
coordination. Successfully manage an individual program or several
projects involving moderate commitment of Company resources within
budget and schedule. Collaborate with a wide variety of internal
and external stakeholders to deliver program results that are
responsive to customer needs and market opportunities. Plan,
organize, and control assigned program activity from initial
concept through final stages of program product life cycle to
optimize profit and meet growth objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage program(s) with plans and objectives to ensure
commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving
variances in quality, schedule and budget.
- Direct the integration of cross-functional product team(s),
including engineering development, quality assurance, business
development and finance.
- Knowledge of process definition, flow charting and process
- Communicate status of work to appropriate parties
(internal/external Customers) in order to keep them informed and
- Monitor activities of business units, departments, and project
teams under area of accountability, and make appropriate
adjustments to ensure clarity of roles and overall
- Assist with development schedules and coordinate
cross-functional project plans and critical paths by utilizing
project planning tools (e.g., MS project, periodic team
- Consult with and influence senior management at various levels
in and across a wide variety of functions.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with other
individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others'
efforts for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives.
- Lead a successful team through appropriate methods and flexible
interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team thereby
facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Understand the complexities and interdependencies of
information and events in order to develop effective solutions and
- Design and implement standards of accountability for others in
the organization to use as a guide in setting higher performance
trends to achieving better business results.
- Establish course of action for self and/or others to ensure
work is completed efficiently in light of the strategies and
destination of the department and/or organization.
- Make well informed decisions through careful testing of
assumptions and careful analysis; taking actions consistent with
available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Communicate effectively by conveying information and ideas in a
clear, meaningful, and timely manner while providing information to
ensure understanding and solicit input from audience during
- Resolve any conflicts among stakeholders that impact successful
- Lead Integrated Product Teams responsible for all phases of
program life cycle.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of the Contract Terms and Conditions
(T&C), Master Supply Agreement (MSA), Pricing Models, etc.
- Experience with Budget Execution, Profit and Loss Statement
(P&L), EAC Mitigation, Risk Mitigation, Lean Initiatives and
Gross Margin Management (material and labor).
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented,
collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and
timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize workload within
- Up to 25% national/international travel required to assure
- Current U.S. Passport is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with customer and Company
- Working knowledge of MD's product line preferred.
- Access to Export Control Information is required.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University,
Master's Degree preferred with a minimum of 8 years' experience in
aerospace, defense or directly related industry is required. Most
recent experience must demonstrate at least 2 years' experience as
a Program or Project Manager.
- Military Experience a plus not mandatory.
- Experience working with integrated systems across multiple
functional disciplines is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiation and
administration is preferred.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in
this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PMP or PgMP is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The
requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to
minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities,
sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Keywords: MD Helicopters Inc, Mesa , Program Manager II (21269), Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!