Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 7, 2021
PURPOSE: Directs and controls the operation of the liquor
department. Supervises and trains liquor personnel. Ensures
customer service and product quality, selection and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to
meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer
relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of
customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of
personalized service in the liquor department.
- Liaises with vendors. Orders, receives and breaks downloads.
Stocks, displays and rotates product in the liquor department to
ensure quality, selection, eye-appeal and proper inventory level to
meet customer demands. Creates effective displays for mixers, beer,
liquor, wine and other related merchandise in the liquor
- Operates check stand equipment such as cash register and
scanner to process customer orders. Handles customers relations.
Assists customers by answering questions on product quality and
taking and filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and
engages in suggestive selling. Makes intercom announcements.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal liquor sales laws and
Company restricted sales and loss prevention policies. Monitors
inventory and space security.
- Supervises, motivates, trains and participates in the hiring of
liquor personnel. Monitors associate performance and recommends
personnel actions such as hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary
action. Schedules personnel to ensure adequate coverage, service
level and meeting of budgetary goals.
- Supervises the day to day functions of the liquor department to
achieve customer service, and sales and profit objectives.
- Conducts daily inspections of the liquor department and
initiates corrective measures to ensure compliance with maintain in
stock conditions, sanitation, safety and security
- Assists with all liquor duties such as: cleaning, stocking,
storage and customer service.
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays.
Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors
daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other
required paperwork and logs. Follows Company
- transmittal procedures. Maintains records on ad items movement.
Takes inventories and maintains accurate department records.
- Maintains and organizes sales area, backroom and cooler.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and
implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper
signing procedures and monitoring product flow.
- Follows Company policy in pricing and handling reduced-to-clear
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately. Receives
and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the
Store Director as appropriate.
- Reviews MicroStrategy reports to best determine movements on
items within subcategories, to make the best business decision on
display and shelf qualities.
- Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the
proper performance of work duties. Monitors associate performance
and reports observations to the Store Director. Resolves associate
complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales
and other Company information.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Liquor
- Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and
interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people and the
ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers, vendors
- Requires knowledge of employment laws and workplace
- Requires a good understanding of Company practices and Liquor
Department policies and procedures on storage, safety, sanitation
and loss prevention. Requires knowledge of state and federal liquor
- Must be able to learn types, nomenclature, alcohol content,
uses and care of liquor department products. Requires an awareness
of popular drink recipes.
- Requires the ability to judge and react to business
- Must have knowledge of product quality, variety, standards,
sanitation and labeling.
- Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and metric
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of
varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. Bends,
stoops and reaches frequently and may climbs ladders. Pushes and
pulls fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheeler carts and pallet
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities.
- Operates computer software and electronic ordering devices to
order products, plan sales, input inventory and schedules and print
- Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment. Utilizes safety
cutters, compactors and check stand equipment.
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cutting
equipment, electrical displays and other work aids necessary to
perform job duties.
- Frequent exposure to 33 to 40 Fahrenheit while handling
products in cooler.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled store
environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the
loading and receiving area.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect
the safety or health of the employee performing the task or
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with Company, Division and Store policies and
applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from
store to store.
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Mesa , Liquor Manager, Other , Lakeside, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!