Maintain elements of a supplier quality system in a commercial
aerospace environment. Investigate systematic problems in major
processes, methods, standards, inspection, and testing equipment.
Develop and implement solution to problems of high complexity.
Plans, organizes, directs and reports on all supplier
quality-related activities to assure fulfillment of
contract/purchase order requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Analyze problem situations by reviewing facts and creating
solutions. Appropriate solutions are selected based on operational
guidelines, procedures, or similar situations that have been used
in the past.
- Conducts programs designed to improve supplier performance and
productivity through training and coordination of various
procurement quality assurance efforts.
- Surveys and/or process audits of suppliers and produce written
- Initiate, review and analyzes corrective action reports and
purchase orders in an effort to reduce and eliminate defects and
maintain the supplier corrective action system.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews procurement quality assurance
procedures to assure compliance with customer and/or government
- Monitors quality control activities and systems at suppliers
while maintaining feedback loops.
- May administer a Certified Supplier Program or related programs
in receiving inspection to ensure cost effectiveness and cost
- Travel domestically and internationally to suppliers under
contract to MDHI, will be required.
- Other duties as assigned including receiving and shipping
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills
are required for this job.
- Ability to solve practical problems in situations where limited
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or
governmental regulations and apply them to supplier procedures and
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, suppliers and customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel,
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the
ability to concentrate is required
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal
- The ability to get along with others or to be part of a
- Access to Export Control Information.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or University;
and 5-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Proficient with Microsoft
Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in
this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ASQ Certification as CQA, CQE or CQM preferred.
ASNT NDT Level III preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This position is designated by the employer to be a
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The
requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to
minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities,
sexual orientation, and gender identity.