Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. A
combination of the global capabilities and talents of American
Traffic Solutions (ATS), Highway Toll Administration (HTA), and
Euro Parking Collection (EPC), the company develops
technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and
easily. Verra Mobility fosters the development of safe cities,
working with police departments and municipalities by operating
more than 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety
cameras in more than 200 jurisdictions across North America. The
company also creates smart roadways, serving the world's largest
commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling
transactions and violations for more than 8.5 million vehicles.
Verra Mobility is a leading provider of connected systems,
processing nearly 165 million transactions each year through
connectivity with more than 50 individual tolling authorities and
more than 400 issuing authorities. Arizona-based Verra Mobility
Corp. currently operates in 15 countries and in 22 languages.
Focused on solutions that help the world move safely and easily,
Verra Mobility builds safe cities, smart roadways, and the
connected systems that tie them together. The company is constantly
looking toward the future, ensuring it creates relevant solutions
today that will work tomorrow. Seeking to understand new customers,
regions, and businesses that will shape tomorrow's smart mobility
experiences, Verra Mobility strives to ensure more people around
the world reach their destination safely and easily. Keeping its
core principles front and center, Verra Mobility is fueled by
relationships, driven by impact, guided by what's right, and
energized by what's next.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial
company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach.
The company lives by its core values-Do What's Right, Lead with
Grace, Win Together, and Own It-in everything it does for its
customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively,
both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the
undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias
for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and
commitment to excellence.
The DevOps leadership role is responsible for leading the DevOps
engineering team in transitioning software from development to
operations. This role is responsible for planning and maintaining
infrastructure (on-prem and/or Cloud) and for promoting DevOps
practices within the engineering discipline. The DevOps leadership
role is accountable for the DevOps teams' performance. The ability
to communicate, influence, establish trust, and demonstrate results
with multiple stakeholder groups will be critical to success for
- Collaboratively work to define desired state of DevOps within
- Document the current state of DevOps
- Ensure alignment with the strategic direction of the
- Ensure on-going alignment with organizational direction and
Accountable for establishing / maintaining the continuous
integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. This may
include processes like:
- Version Control Systems and processes.
- Software build processes.
- Deployment processes to multiple environments.
- Responsible for the maintenance of and availability of DevOps
infrastructure with operations team leadership and staff as
Responsible for the DevOps team(s).
- Manage hiring, retention and attrition for DevOps.
- Manage / measure the DevOps personnel's performance either
directly or through managers / leads.
Responsible for the creation of / maintenance of delivery
schedules and delivery cadence.
- Collaborate with leadership, software development teams and
operations personnel to ensure alignment.
- Responsible for the creation of SLAs and metrics for DevOps
- Accountable for the documentation / tracking of the DevOps
- Owns overall accountability for the DevOps discipline at the
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in software development and
- Minimum 5+ years of experience managing people in technical
- Previous professional experience in establishing new department
- Strong technical knowledge of software architecture and design
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to build strong
working relationships with leadership and teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with managing a team's performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values
- Do What's Right - We've committed to doing the right thing for
each other and for our customers - integrity is our DNA
- Lead With Grace - We embrace the importance of our colleagues
and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It - We foster a culture of accountability and excellence,
where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together - We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we
win more when we include others and work together.
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.