Acute Clinical Coordinator - St. Joseph
Company: DSI Renal, Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Acute Clinical Coordinator is responsible for assisting with
management and operation of dialysis program. This position assumes
full responsibility for the dialysis program in the absence of the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve
patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed
- Assist with planning/coordinating patient scheduling to assure
timely acceptance of treatments and effective staffing levels.
- Demonstrate effective use of supplies and staff labor
- Responsible for updating all logs and insuring that dialysis
run sheets and logs are sent to billing.
- May participate in inventory management, including end-of-month
inventory reporting and adherence to company purchasing
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the program.
- Coordinate the functions of all departments and develop
standards and methods of measuring patient care services, including
a chronological record of services provided to patients as required
by the ESRD Network Coordinating Council and Medicare.
- Work with Acute Manager to maintain chronological, thorough,
and appropriate documentation in the patient record of all
treatments, activities, and communication with the patient,
physician and other healthcare professionals.
- Promote quality management program through education and
involvement of staff and patients in outcomes as well as overall
responsibility to achieve corporate goals for quality.
- Assist with program's target goals for patient outcomes in
accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Review all incident reports; make recommendations and take
action relative to incidents as appropriate; report at monthly QAPI
meeting as delegated by Acute Manager or Management.
- Knowledge of and remain current with federal, state, local laws
and regulations, including health care professionals practice act
- Work with Acute Manager to assure dialysis program is in
compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and
- Assist Acute Manager with development, implementation and
follow up of Corrective Action Plans required for internal and
- May assume Charge Nurse's responsibilities as needed.
- May fulfill responsibility of dialysis program Alternate CEO as
delegated by Governing Body.
- Conduct and/or participate in both formal and informal meetings
with the governing body, Regional Director, Medical Director and
the staff as delegated. Assure that appropriate staff meetings,
in-service education meetings, and team patient care planning
meetings are held monthly as delegated. Assure that Quality
Assessment & Performance Improvement Program is current at all
times as delegated.
- Establish, maintain, and submit all required records and
reports concerning staff, patients, and the operational affairs of
the center if delegated by Acute Manager.
- Continuously monitor to ensure that a safe and sanitary
physical environment is maintained throughout the facility; that
all equipment is maintained and functions properly; and that
adequate and appropriate inventory levels of all supplies are
available and used correctly.
- Oversee the maintenance of equipment and supplies to meet
current laws and regulations.
- Responds to all emergencies within the dialysis program.
Familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency operational
- Supervise the maintenance of equipment, building areas occupied
by the dialysis program and other property belonging to the
- Know and understand the water treatment and mechanisms of the
equipment of the dialysis program.
- Assist, when necessary, with disinfection of equipment and
supplies including bicarbonate delivery systems and dialysis
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with hospital staff
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with all
Administrators, area hospitals, agencies, vendors and the
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop
effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT/ RETENTION
- Ensure all staff meet required qualifications for position held
and perform duties within limitations established by and in
accordance with company policy/procedures, health care
professionals practice acts, applicable state and federal laws and
- Serves as a resource/subject matter expert for patient needs
and concerns, staff education and in-service sessions as
- Assists with recruitment, training, development, and
supervision of all personnel.
- Assists with maintaining effective personnel management and
employee relations, including evaluating the performance of all
personnel and counseling employees.
- Uphold management goals of corporation by leading staff in team
concepts and promoting a team effort.
- Effectively communicate expectations; accept accountability and
hold others accountable for performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Current RN license in applicable state. License must be
maintained as current and in good standing.
- 24 months experience in providing nursing care, including 12
months of acute dialysis experience is preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a leadership position and
to perform in new and emergent situations with sound judgment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and
ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook); proficiency in all USRC clinical
applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: DSI Renal, Inc, Mesa , Acute Clinical Coordinator - St. Joseph, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!