We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health
for a COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER, for our Correctional/ Justice
Program. You will need to be professional, friendly, a
self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people,
guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment.
We engage people in whole person health through an integrated care
delivery system, thus establishing a medical home for our patients.
In caring for the whole person, we focus on overall wellness
through physical health, mental health and substance use care. Our
mission is to provide extraordinary care by empowered people
through exceptional outcomes.
For the last 50 years, the heart of everything we do is
inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and
mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families,
support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading
Integrated Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity,
Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Terros Health: Extraordinary Care. Empowered People. Exceptional
Terros Health is currently hiring a Community Health Worker for
Correctional/ Justice Program, Stapley Drive in Mesa
Full-Time: 40 hours/Week; Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Community Health Worker certification not required, but highly
Lived experience in behavioral health or medical area, and
ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment is
required - Terros Health will assist with the process
- CHW will be responsible for helping patients and their families
to navigate and access community services, other resources and
adopt healthy behaviors.
- CHW works as part of the care team and supports providers and
the RN Care Coordinator through an integrated approach to care
coordination and community outreach.
- CHW is responsible for both clinical and administrative tasks,
including closing the loop with patients referred to specialty
providers and patients referred to group or other health related
services at Terros Health or in the community, engaging patients
and re-engaging assigned patients.
- CHW will be knowledgeable about population health management,
social determinants of health and engaging vulnerable
- High School Diploma or GED, personal experience of a family
member in the behavioral and criminal justice systems.
- Community Health Worker certification not required, but highly
- Minimum of six weeks relevant Behavioral Health experience
- Must have valid Arizona driver's license, be 22 years of age
with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of
Terros Health's driving policy.
- Promotes, models and uses strength-based engagement and
treatment strategies for all patients served. Lends their unique
insight into behavioral and/or physical health recovery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone,
with high professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply
for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7
working days of assuming role. (HR can assist with this
- Lived experience in behavioral health or medical area, and
ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment
- Must pass a TB and Drug Screen Test
COVID 19 Precautions:
Terros Health remains open for all our patients' health and
wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our
employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit
our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/