Ramp Service Agent (2568-629)
Company: Worldwide Flight Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Join our leading team at Worldwide Flight Services as a Ramp
Agent in Mesa, AZ!
- Apply online, then:
- Schedule an interview at
The work of a Ramp Service Clerk includes the following:
- loading and unloading of cargo (mail, express, baggage,
freight, and company material) on and off aircraft;
- the transporting of cargo between terminals and aircraft;
- the ramp transfers of cargo where required; the receiving,
delivering, and physical handling of freight and company material,
export at the designated express docks, mail and baggage in the
outbound baggage room;
- may be involved in the cleaning and servicing of cabin
interiors, including cockpit and lavatories;
- may be involved with draining lavatories;
- checking, handling, assembling, removing and installing
passenger service cabin furnishings and supplies;
- may be involved with de-icing aircraft, clear aircraft
windshields, pushout/two aircraft and related guide man
- connect/remove ground power and ground start units.
- May be required to clean the exterior of aircraft with
specialized cleaning fluids.
- May be assigned to perform routine cleaning of work areas,
ramps, and facilities with or without powered equipment. May be
assigned to assist in monitoring security of facility.
- servicing and cleaning of powered and unpowered equipment.
- Comply with WFS site security procedures for assigned warehouse
and other operations.
- Remain cognizant of WFS staff, security contractors, and
visitors' activities and report security breaches, suspicious
occurrences, or non-compliance with the site security plan to
managers or via the WFS whistleblower program
- Load and unload aircraft of cargo weighing up to 70 lbs. in and
out of aircraft within confined cargo areas, push, pull, and
position loaded containers weighing up to 3,200 lbs. on rollers
- Driving vehicles with gross weights of 3,000 to 80,000 lbs. in
areas congested with aircraft, moving and stationary vehicles and
equipment as well as positioning vehicle up to aircraft requiring
depth perception and the ability to distinguish colors, red, green,
- Engage in push-out of aircraft driving 80,000 lb. vehicle or
assist by providing guide function to driver using depth perception
in congested areas or speaking to cockpit during push-back
- Transport cargo to and from aircraft driving 3,000 lb. vehicle
using depth perception to negotiate vehicle with attached carts
through congested area. Read "off-load" sheets to determine
destination of cargo.
- While performing aircraft push-out and/or towing functions,
engage in proper specific ground to cockpit communication via hand
signals and voice commands, with and without, the assistance of
sight or visual aids.
- other duties may be involved.
- Ability to successfully communicate with others.
- Ability to work in a high-noise level environment.
- Ability to understand and react to verbal commands and safety
warnings, with and without, assistance of sight or visual
- Pull, push, and lift bags weighing up to 70 lbs. onto or from a
- Pull water hose from stationary cabinet and connect to
- Lift, connect overhead and remove overhead, 40 lb. KVA electric
cable to/from aircraft.
- De-ice aircraft at heights of up to 20 - 80 ft. lifting and
holding nose, spray exterior of wings and fuselage with
- Ability to judge distances.
- Ability to confront and question unauthorized personnel in
secured areas, and report their presence to authorities as
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
Must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or GED
required Valid drivers license. Ability to work rotating shifts
including weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday), holidays,
and days off. Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand
the English language.
Keywords: Worldwide Flight Services, Mesa , Ramp Service Agent (2568-629), Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!