At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013,
we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars.
We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the
traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the
largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per
year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our
expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our
vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the
ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a
dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for
consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile
device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on
our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return
policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars
to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer
pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes,
you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core
of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car
buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and
possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take
on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work
at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies
around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and
develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping
pong and corn hole (or "bags," depending on where you're from)
tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so
you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Customer Advocate role is a unique combination of a few
different things but long story short, you'll be the face of
Carvana. Since Carvana's purchase process is entirely online,
meeting you to receive their newly purchased vehicle will likely be
the first time a customer has met a Carvana employee face-to-face!
You'll have the freedom to go above and beyond to ensure our
customers have an experience that doesn't suck and is completely
one of a kind.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Delivering a uniquely special experience to each and every one
of our customers. Minus the red suit, you'll pretty much be a
real-life Santa Claus on a daily basis!
- A major part of this job is driving a kick-ass single-car
hauler to get the customer's purchase delivered straight to their
front door. You don't need a commercial driver's license to drive
the hauler and don't worry, with a little training, you'll realize
driving the hauler is a piece of cake.
- Not only will you be driving that kick-ass car hauler, but you
will also be loading and unloading the customer's vehicle on and
off of it (it's a quick and easy process, but it does require
getting a little physical) and inspecting the car-hauler to ensure
the vehicle maintains good maintenance and safe driving
- You'll be expected to prioritize safe driving and to maintain a
clean driving record in accordance to Carvana's CMV Driver
Qualification policy. Consistent, safe driving is crucial to this
- You will be accurately and efficiently completing customer
paperwork as well as taking thorough notes in our customer tracking
system. Again, don't worry, we'll train you on the paperwork,
however you do need a natural eye for detail!
- You'll also be a team player by assisting other team members
with various tasks as necessary.
- Like we mentioned, the Customer Advocate role is a unique
combination of a few different things. So there likely will be
other duties assigned too.
A QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
This position requires a sense of humor and a passion for the
customer experience. We are looking for someone who is
goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated. Required
knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's Degree is
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver's License with a clean driving record
for the past 3 years
- 2+ years of customer facing experience with a passion for
creating memorable customer experiences
- Is a team player and has an understanding of the value of
teamwork and how teams work
- Has a heightened sense of urgency, a strong attention to detail
and is able to communicate our customer offerings in a clear and
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet
deadlines and find solutions
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced
environment, and having fun while doing it
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug screen, and background
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a Notary in your local
jurisdiction within the first 90 days of employment (Process will
be sponsored by Carvana)
- Illinois, Michigan and Louisiana employees must obtain a
Chauffeur's license within the first two weeks of employment.
(Process will be sponsored by Carvana.)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your
knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
WORK ENVIRONMENT This job operates in both indoor and outdoor
conditions for extended amounts of time and may be exposed to
inclement/extreme weather. We would never have employees work in
extremely unsafe conditions (like a Sharknado), but you may get a
tad toasty or wet from time to time. Likewise, some markets will
require deliveries to be made in snow.
WORK REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS The work requirements and
physical demands here are representative of those that must be met
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for
extended periods of time (8+ hours)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to
reach with arms, twist, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and
- Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling
of items of 50lbs.
- Frequent driving requires excellent visual activity and manual
dexterity. Reasonable accommodations may be granted to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
All applicants must pass a Department of Transportation
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.