Research Associate Chemist
Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Posted on: June 13, 2021
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials, a global leader in chemical
solutions for the semiconductor manufacturing industry, has an
exciting opportunity at our Mesa, AZ facility for a Research
Associate Chemist! The successful candidate will be responsible for
design, development and commercialization of new semiconductor
cleaners and resist strippers for advanced technology.
- Responsible for applied research & development and
commercialization of new post etch cleaners and selective etchants
for advanced IC technologies.
- Responsibilities include designing, lab testing and managing
new chemical products under rigorous business and customer
- Specific activities include:
- Investigate and develop new chemical formulations for cleaning
integrated circuit wafers with awareness of the status of the
intellectual property field.
- Wet bench formulation and testing of new chemical formulations
to meet customer requirements.
- Manage existing product testing and qualification using
- Support thin film surface analysis using tools including
Ellipsometer, 4-Point probe, XRR, XPS, TOF-SIMS, SEM.
- Assist with IP searches and initial patent drafts.
- Assist in pilot line builds of successful beaker
- Generating and communicating product data and technical reports
internally and to customers
- Writing and delivering presentation at industrial conferences
- Doctorate in inorganic or organic chemistry with at least 1 to
3 years prior industrial research or post-doctoral R&D
experience in product development in semiconductor technology.
- Experience in developing and applying inorganic or organic
solution chemistry to meeting customer requirements.
- Understanding Si wafer device processing in wet processing tool
operation and process implementation.
- Experience with thin film surface analysis tools such as
Ellipsometer, 4-Point probe, XRR, XPS, TOF_SIMS, SEM
- Must have a strong comprehension of surface cleaning methods
- Must be proficient in design of experiments, technical writing,
literature search processes and methods and Intellectual property
processes and methods.
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with peer and
- This is a safety-sensitive position that requires candidates to
successfully pass a post-offer drug screening prior to employment.
One of the essential job functions is the ability to work in a
constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
MENTAL & EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Resilience - Adapting well in the face of workplace stressors,
the ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and
conflict situations, the ability to remain poised under all
circumstances, the ability to maintain regular attendance and be
- Communication - The ability to successfully and professionally
express and exchange ideas and meanings with all levels of
employees in the organization, the ability to interact
appropriately with a variety of individuals including
customers/clients, the ability to work as an integral part of a
team, ability to interact effectively with people in a positive
manner that engenders confidence and trust.
- Reasoning and decision-making - The ability to understand,
remember and follow verbal and written instructions, the ability to
reason logically and make sound decisions.
- Comprehension - The ability to complete tasks without direct
supervision, the ability to simultaneously address multiple
- Organizational skills - Ability to multitask without loss of
efficiency or accuracy, the ability to work and sustain attention
with distractions and interruptions, the ability to perform in
situations requiring speed, deadlines or productivity quotas.
Successful semiconductor manufacturers move quickly. They demand
quality and they require leading technology. For them, partnering
with the right supplier is a critical decision.
With state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the U.S.,
Europe, Taiwan, China, Korea and Japan, local sales offices
throughout the world and on site applications support, FUJIFILM
Electronic Materials is prepared to supply the world's top tier
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials offers a broad array of products
and services used throughout the semiconductor manufacturing
Along with our broad array of advanced products, we rely on a
corps of applications engineers to work directly with customers on
specific applications. Technical and applications support are
backed by technical service centers. FUJIFILM's investment in
technical talent and equipment ensures optimal product
characterization and quality in the face of the toughest customer
requirements - whether in R&D or in customer applications.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Mesa , Research Associate Chemist, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!