Plating Technician- Night Shift
Company: Cessna Aircraft Co
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The plating operator will follow a plating repair outlined in a
traveler to meet the customer's requirement. The plating operator
must handle aircraft parts to ensure there is no damage to the
parts during the plating process. The plater will have to follow
the instructions in the repair to include where to mask and how to
fixture the part to have a successful outcome of the plating
process. The plater will first inspect the part to make sure it is
run ready for the plating process and they will compete a final
inspection after the plating process verifying that it meets the
requirements outlined in the traveler.
- Careful handling of all components and parts to guard against
damage or loss.
- Obtain general Plating Masking knowledge through Able
Engineering Training Modules, on the job training, and SOPM
- Read, comprehend and navigate through Work Instructions.
- Develop an understanding on how to navigate through Filemaker
to include, clocking in on a job, moving a job to the next
operation, and logging a job in and out of the oven.
- Safely work with various hand tools (exacto knife) to mask and
de-mask aircraft parts.
- To successfully blast parts using the plastic media and
aluminum oxide blast cabinets.
- Performs a visual inspection on the part to determine whether
the part needs additional preparation prior to the masking step.
Will ask a senior operator or lead for advice before continuing, if
unsure whether or not the part should move to the next process
- Work with chemistry and equipment to facilitate the plating
- Adhere to all safety practices.
- Assist in training and development needs
- High School education or equivalent is required.
- Relevant plating experience is preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to adapt to surroundings
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
Keywords: Cessna Aircraft Co, Mesa , Plating Technician- Night Shift, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!