Instructor Pilot (21316)
Company: MD Helicopters Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Operates company and customer owned aircraft in any or all of
factory flight training; marketing demonstration; repositioning;
delivery; chase; photo; maintenance, production, engineering, and
experimental flight test, and other flight operations. In addition,
support other departmental and company requirements related to
flight operations; such as flight planning, aircraft maintenance
scheduling, courseware development, and others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct flight operations in support of the department's
internal (marketing, maintenance, production, engineering, and
customer training departments) and external (those who operate MDHI
aircraft) customers. This includes all related pre-flight and
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of MDHI aircraft and
systems in order to function as a subject matter expert in the
- Maintain a current knowledge of flight operations procedures,
regulations, and industry best practices.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel in support of
identifying, correcting, and verifying the correction of aircraft
- Respond to customer inquires for assistance and
- Support the development of Customer Training department
curriculum and courseware.
- Support Engineering in the development of aircraft and systems
through the application of flight operations experience and
- Support other departmental personnel in the conduct of their
activities in order to accomplish overall department and company
- Support departmental policies and procedures.
- Other assignments in support of department goals and
requirements as assigned by the Chief Pilot or Lead Pilot.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prior flight instructor experience in turbine engine
helicopters, to include teaching engine-at-idle/engine-out
touchdown emergency procedures (auto-rotations, etc.). Instructor
experience includes flying from other than the PIC seat 1000 hours
- 4000 hours PIC flight time; 2500 hours helicopter flight time;
1000 hours turbine helicopter flight time is required (MD500 series
- Ability to take and follow direction with minimum
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Fluent in the English language is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel,
- Up to 25% travel required with significant customer
- Possess, or be eligible for, a U.S. passport.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Access to Export Control information is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
university and 6 years work-related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in
this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- FAA commercial pilot license with helicopter and instrument
ratings is required.
- FAA CFI helicopter is required; ATP or CFII helicopter is
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The
requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to
minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities,
sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Keywords: MD Helicopters Inc, Mesa , Instructor Pilot (21316), Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!