Group Home Staff for Teen Boys in Foster Care
Company: Residential Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Immediate Openings Available! Apply NOW! We have group homes in
East Mesa for teen boys in foster care.Looking for more than just a
job? Looking for something more meaningful? Apply today! Minimal
experience necessary!We need enthusiastic, dynamic, animated,
individuals to join our exceptional team of outcome-oriented
professionals to work with teen boys in foster care. We are hiring
male and female staff for our group homes in East Mesa. Part-time
and full-time available (full-time preferred), benefits available
for employees averaging at least 30 hours per week. Typical shifts
at our houses include:
- 2pm - 10pm everyday
- 10pm - 9am everyday
- 9am - 2pm weekends & holidaysStaff's role is to provide
support, care, & stability for the boys living in the home and to
maintain a safe & family like environment. The Staff will assist
the boys by directing interactions, including but not limited to
behavioral management and by facilitating therapeutic,
recreational, and social life skills. Staff function as a role
model, adhering to agency standards of practice for children,
staff, and the public. Provides a therapeutic approach during daily
routine.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Behavior Management through Positive Behavior Support
- Administration of Medication.
- Completing daily communication (Program log, staff
communication log, mileage log, group messaging through apps,
- Transportation to/from, and participation in residents
activities (medical/dental/psych, shopping,
sporting/extracurricular, social, etc.)
- Preparing & cooking meals, house cleaning & maintenance.
- Assisting & instructing residents with their chores (as
appropriate for individual residents).
- Assisting residents in managing their behaviors, by using
positive behavior supports.
- Follow house rules and schedules to provide consistency
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong boundaries and shows care and concern for
children in crisis
- De-escalate children when child is dysregulated
- Knowledge of basic behavior modification principles,
strategies, and techniques.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and diversity
- Recognize, prevent, and respond appropriately to behavioral
- Reliable transportation to commute to our Group Homes in East
- Fluently speak, accurately write and 100% understand the
English language (Required).
- Minimum 1 year of experience in childcare or related training
and education (Required).
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required).
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age (Required).
- Valid AZ driver's license and able to provide a 36-month clean
motor vehicle report in order to be a driver for the agency
- Experience in crisis de-escalation and trauma informed care
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card (Required - must be able to
- CPR & 1st Aid Certification (Required - we can help you obtain
- Prevention & Support Certification (Required - we can help you
obtain this). This requires you to be able to safely restrain an
individual, if absolutely necessary, using your hands and arms in
specific methods. It also requires you to be able to get up and
down from a kneeling or squatting position.Equal Opportunity
Employer-M/FWhat are you waiting for? Hit that Apply Now button and
join us in helping our members become as independent as they can
be!Please, make sure to check your email, as we respond to every
applicant. Check your Junk/Spam folder, if you don't see an email
from us.We are a drug-free workplace and employees must submit to
random drug tests.(Direct Support Professional - DSP, Direct Care
Worker - DCW, Behavioral Health Technician - BHT, Caregiving,
Caregiver, Group Home)
Keywords: Residential Services, Mesa , Group Home Staff for Teen Boys in Foster Care, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!