Senior Data Base Administrator
Company: Integrated Electrical Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The Senior Data Base Administrator (DBA) will be primarily
responsible for maintaining all SQL database systems and interfaces
to ERP and web applications. The DBA is also responsible for
Database design including indexes and data integrity. Must be able
to work well with others in a team setting.
General Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works directly with end users to translate business requirements
into functional applications.
* Designs and maintains SQL database systems.
* Works with developers to maintain a stable and high availability
* Database design including indexes and data integrity to meet
customer and company needs.
* Acts as the Company liaison for interface with customer
* Creates, develops and implements process improvement(s).
* Maintain backups and high availability of systems.
* Provide proactive and reactive data management support and
training to users.
* Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and
* Performs tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security,
privacy and integrity.
* Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new
patches and versions when required
* Provide Audit support when required.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The Senior DBA must be self-motivated, positive in approach,
professional, develop and implement project process
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees,
vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must have proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills
and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral
* Must be able to travel within branch territory and/or regional
territory as needed.
* Must have the ability to learn Company and customer project
* Regular attendance is mandatory
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must have at least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
* Must have 15 years utilizing the skills listed below.
* Proven work experience as a Database Administrator.
* Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity
* Experience with Azure Web Apps.
* Familiarity with programming languages API.
* Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
* Proficiency working with Microsoft SQL server.
* Must have experience in customer interface, such as liaison
between the customer and the Company.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS
* Familiarity with SharePoint
* Familiarity with PowerApps and Power Bi
* Experience with ERP systems
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES's 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES
produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities,
Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with
Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited
agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented
to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between
that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become
the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO
is the Law" poster - "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Keywords: Integrated Electrical Services, Inc., Mesa , Senior Data Base Administrator, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!