Vehicle Dynamics Engineer - Suspension Systems
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle
manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize the way people commute!
Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end
custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric
vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ:SOLO). The provided driving
experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration,
affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to
open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering
Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, its
electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider
joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire
dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who
enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a
dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are
always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your
personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read
on to see if this position sparks your interest as well.
We are seeking a Vehicle Dynamics Engineer Suspension Systems to
join our lean and agile team in our Mesa, Arizona facility, located
at 7943, East Ray Rd. Suite #129, Mesa, AZ 85212. This role reports
to the Manager, Vehicle Dynamics. The Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
Suspension Systems role is to plan and lead engineering projects
associated with suspension system development. This person will be
design release responsible for all technical aspects of assigned
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interface with internal and external stake holders to define
suspension / vehicle dynamics performance requirements and
- Coordinate subsystem and component level DFMEA and DVP
- Identify instrumentation equipment required for relevant data
acquisition and vehicle testing.
- Analyze data from testing activities and present to relevant
- Coordinate test activities with 3rd party external laboratories
- Develop suspension component and system level
- Conduct subsystem and component level testing.
- Conduct vehicle level subjective and objective ride & handling
- Collaborate and coordinate with the test engineers to develop
and conduct tests in the lab to validate suspension system hardware
and software functionality and reliability.
- Prepare and provide test reports and sign-off documents to
cross-functional teams and company management to ensure production
- Other duties as occasionally required by company
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in a technical discipline
- Minimum 4 years automotive industry experience with at least 4
years in chassis / suspension / vehicle dynamics development with
exposure to product definition and design, CAD, FEA, multibody
dynamics analysis, vehicle level testing and ride & handling
- Demonstrated product innovation and ability to manage a large
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and coordinate with
internal and external stake holders on product development
including design, analysis, testing, and drawing release.
- Demonstrated good communication skills.
- General understanding of automotive APQP guidelines and
- High level of computer literacy
- Initiative to develop and implement process improvements.
Continuous improvement outlook.
- Abides by Health & Safety standards and emphasizes their
importance to team members.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
One last important note we work hard, but we play hard too! In
fact, our new facility is planned to incorporate modern, dedicated
spaces for our employees to dine, engage, relax, and play. We also
provide the following comprehensive benefits package that supports
our employees health, wellness, retirement, and work-life
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off
- 401k with company match
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
- Corporate fitness/wellness discounts
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only
contact those individuals who best meet the required position
qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering
Keywords: Electrameccanica, Mesa , Vehicle Dynamics Engineer - Suspension Systems, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!