Peer - Patient Advocate
Company: MIND 24-7
Posted on: January 15, 2022
REQ NUMBER SOC-21-00006POSITION Peer - Patient Advocate CATEGORY
Social ServicesFULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-TimeEXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT
Non-ExemptSHIFT DaysABOUT THE ORGANIZATION About MIND 24-7MIND 24-7
is fundamentally changing the landscape of accessible behavioral
health by offering walk-in crisis mental health and substance abuse
services such as Psych Express Care, Psych Crisis Care, and Psych
Progressions. MIND 24-7 fills the gap for those seeking help by
being available right when they need it - 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week. Using innovations in value-based care models to improve and
expand access to care, Mind 24-7 not only enhances quality patient
care, but reduces pressure on the system, reducing costly emergency
room visits, in-patient treatment, and readmissions for crisis
care. MIND 24-7 offers highly competitive benefits that begin
within 30 days for new full-time Team Members! These include
Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
Accounts, telemedicine, company paid life insurance and disability,
voluntary plans, discounted gym memberships, 401K with company
contribution, generous Paid Time Off and Holidays, Team Member
Appreciation Days, and a break room stocked full of complimentary
snacks and beverages. To learn more, go to www.mind24-7.com.
DescriptionJOB SUMMARY The Patient Advocate is a peer advocate that
provides support and recovery training to individuals receiving
services. A Patient Advocate assists in implementing/creating a
recovery environment and acts as an advocate for the needs and
rights of every individual. The Patient Advocate will help to
provide a recovery experience to the patient's of MIND 24-7 during
times of crisis stabilization, as well as, support and services to
help the patients move forward in their recovery. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Provides peer support to engage individuals in a recovery
partnership and assists in identifying participant's hopes and
dreams and the solutions they are seeking.
- Teaches recovery and life skills using recovery tools.
- Models hope, personal responsibility and self-advocacy to
demonstrate how recovery goals can be respectfully met and how a
belief in self is maintained.
- Assists in developing natural supports and community
- Cultivates connectedness in the person's life (self, others,
the environment, and to meaning and purpose).
- Coordinates with the individual's clinical team and other
supports to arrange services or resources to help the individual
achieve their goals.
- Completes clinical documentation as required.
- Understands and adheres to the company's compliance standards
as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Depending on setting,
- Float among various clinical services, where qualified and
competentSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Direct Reports: N/A
Supervisory Functions: N/A
POSITION REQUIREMENTS P0SITION
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Qualifications:
- Successful completion of Peer Employment Training thus
obtaining Certification as a Peer Support Specialist required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and a year of peer
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card, or ability to obtain upon
- Physical Demands
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Continually required to sit.
- Occasionally required to use hands.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to lift/push light weights (less than 25
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close
vision, distance vision, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust
or focus WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Typical office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, and photocopiers
- Travel to company subsidiaries may be necessary. PM21TRAVEL
REQUIREMENTS EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: MIND 24-7, Mesa , Peer - Patient Advocate, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!