Client Service Coordinator
Company: Banfield Pet Hospital
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Client Service Coordinator
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The Client Service Coordinator ("CSC") drives the flow of clients
and pets through the hospital, maximizes the productivity of the
veterinary medical team (in terms of numbers of clients and pets),
ensures good communication with associates and clients, and
coordinates the care of clients and pets in a happy, welcoming,
friendly and efficient manner, influencing clients to return and
refer their friends and families.
Description - External
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within
self and team.
- Actively recruit new clients by promoting hospital services and
route the flow of clients and pets to ensure superior client care
and maximum productivity of the veterinary medical team.
- Maximize the number of pets seen by the hospital team through
through a productive and efficiently run hospital to support the
needs of our wellness plan clients.
- Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all
times. This includes encouraging hospital visits, welcoming clients
and pets, ensuring that they are comfortable in the hospital, and
educating them about their pet's health.
- Educate clients about Optimum Wellness Plans, preventative
care, pet health needs and hospital services
- Assist incoming clients by completing the required
documentation, entering all pet information and history in the
computer, utilizing proper collars and tags for identification, and
ensuring prompt service.
- Assist outgoing clients by providing all necessary
instructions, information and invoices, dispensing prescription
items per the veterinarian's instructions, selling retail products
and scheduling future appointments.
- Manage the finances by maintaining accurate balances and
utilizing proper opening and closing procedures.
- Conduct administrative functions as necessary.
- Other job duties as assigned.
THE FIVE PRINCIPLES
- Quality - The consumer is our boss, quality is our work and
value for money is our goal.
- Responsibility - As individuals, we demand total responsibility
from ourselves; as associates, we support the responsibility of
- Mutuality - A mutual benefit is a shared benefit; a shared
benefit will endure.
- Efficiency - We use resources to the full, waste nothing and do
only what we can do best.
- Freedom - We need freedom to shape our future; we need profit
to remain free.
HIRING QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES Leadership Customer Focus Peer
Relationships Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented Listening
Functional Preventative care and OWPs Communication Skills Client
Service Skills Priority Setting Time Management
CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE (CAN DO)
- Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks at one time;
quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under
distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of
- Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English,
using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells
commonly used English words and job specific terms. Demonstrates
exceptionally strong written and verbal communication
- Organizational ability - Demonstrates a systematic approach in
carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting
through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Problem solving skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to
identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into
- Client service skills - Consistently ensures the team provides
the client with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains
and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great
- Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows
instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can
- Mathematical ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide, and to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to convert
units of measurement.
- Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer
and specialized software. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook,
ATTITUDES (WILL DO)
- Initiative - shows willingness and aptitude to use own
discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to
problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes
or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and
small tasks need to be done.
- Integrity - Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Banfield
Pet Hospitals. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound
- Cooperativeness - Willing to work with others, collaborating
and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant
information with others.
- Flexibility - Is open to changing situations and opportunities
and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Independence - Able and willing to perform tasks and duties
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency - Maintains a positive "can
do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness,
and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of
- Ability to be confident around pets (i.e., dogs, cats, birds,
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40
hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This
position requires special hours including working weekends and
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering,
mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking
the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform
duties while at hospital.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well
as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity
with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may
bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation,
biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old to perform duties involving
radiography (x-ray) and exposure to radioactive
- One year related experience required with customer service
- Medical background (veterinary technician, human healthcare,
pharmaceutical, etc.) with medical terminology training is
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values the uniqueness
of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity
is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic
information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital
complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield
Keywords: Banfield Pet Hospital, Mesa , Client Service Coordinator, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!