Overnight LPN - Eating Disorder, Residential
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: June 21, 2022
The LPN works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing
treatment services according to the Discovery Behavioral Health
Clinical Model.**This position offers a $1,000 sign on
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from charge nurse, director of nursing,
physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube when needed.
- Completing waived test for glucose monitoring, UA, Drug screen,
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the
orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for
- Manages clients medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
or others.This is a full time overnight position that will work
6:00pm - 6:30am at one of our residential/inpatient programs.
- Completion of a LVN/LPN or equivalent.
- Holds a current LVN/LPN license in good standing or
- One year experience preferred working in mental health or
eating disorders field.
- Blood draw certificate preferred.
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire.
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire.
- Must possess a current Drivers License in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Location: Mesa, AZ -
85204 , PL: 538276311Required
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Mesa , Overnight LPN - Eating Disorder, Residential, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!