Acute PCT Certified - Chandler
Company: U.S. Renal Care
Posted on: June 21, 2022
The Acute Patient Care Technician, under the direction and
supervision of the Registered Nurse, assists with providing care
and delegated activities of treatment to patients with renal
failure. - This position performs duties as assigned by the Charge
Nurse and Registered Nurse. - - - - - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. - Other duties and tasks
may be assigned.
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the acute program and hospital.
- Obtain blood samples for laboratory analysis as required to
complete physician orders.
- May reinforce patient education as needed under the direction
of the Acute Manager or Registered Nurse.
- Perform duties at all times under the supervision of a Charge
Nurse and within limitations established by and in accordance with
company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws
- Clean, disinfect, and rinse dialysis machines in accordance
with policy and procedures.
- Remove disposables and clean station after each treatment.
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency
- Obtain pre and post treatment weights of patients per
- Monitor patients during dialysis treatments.
- Complete water testing on dialysis machine at the beginning of
each treatment day and as directed by the Acute Manager. -
Complete/document quality control logs throughout the day and after
all treatments, as required.
- Take vital signs per protocol during patient treatment and
document on treatment record as required.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. - Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure. QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements include:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- CPR certification required.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Prefer a minimum of 12 months in dialysis healthcare or
phlebotomy experience or CNA experience.
- Must be certified under a State certification program or a
national commercially available certification program as follows
(see addendum for Patient Care Technician)- -
- Certification must be obtained within 18 months of hire date as
Patient Care Technician. - Time employed as a Patient Care
Technician prior to employment with USRC will count towards the
18-month deadline for certification, unless a gap in employment as
a Patient Care Technician is more than 18 months. -
- Certification must be maintained as current and in good
- Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC
clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to organize time and tasks well. U.S. Renal Care
is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran. Additional
Keywords: U.S. Renal Care, Mesa , Acute PCT Certified - Chandler, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!