A/R Collections Specialist II
Company: Satellite Healthcare
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Collections Specialist ensures that all collection activity
is performed and completed accurately. This position is responsible
and knowledgeable of Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Commercial and
Medicaid Managed plans. **
*About Satellite Healthcare*
Satellite Healthcare is more than simply a dialysis company. Since
our founding in 1974, we have become the industry's leader in
personalized quality care: 70% of our centers earn 4- and 5-star
ratings from Medicaid and Medicare.gov, far ahead of all other
providers. Our success in caring for patients can be attributed to
our mission, our not-for-profit structure, and our people.
Together, they create a powerfully patient-centered
Our mission is clear: to make life better for people living with
kidney disease. Because we are a non-profit, we can pursue that
mission with all our resources, united by our passion for patient
care. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement,
Satellite Research explores new ways to elevate the effectiveness
and delivery of dialysis therapy. And Satellite Wellbound is
leading the industry in home dialysis because better outcomes and
quality of life are our highest priority. We are also substantial
contributors to community and philanthropic kidney initiatives.
Across our organization, we share a single mission - to make life
better for those living with kidney disease. Watch our video to
learn more about our mission.
*About the Role*
The Collections Specialist ensures that all collection activity is
performed and completed accurately. This position is responsible
and knowledgeable of Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Commercial and
Medicaid Managed plans. This position is also responsible for
timely filing and following up with insurance payors on unpaid
submitted claims to maintain a fluent revenue cycle. Assists
management with Revenue Cycle support, training, and reporting.
*Essential Functions: *
* Assist in the preparation of various Revenue Cycle reports
* Works with Lead and management to develop goals, objectives and
competencies for the Revenue Cycle team and provides training and
motivation as necessary to support teams in meeting these goals
* Review, understand, and work unpaid and denied claims using QMS
aging reports and clearinghouse worklists and reporting tools
* Recognize trends in aging reports and work with payers to
decrease response/payment turnaround time.
* Initiate appeal requests per payer guidelines
* Research and understand payer contracts; identify timely filing
and appeal deadlines
* Manage any worklists and reports in the external clearinghouse
for unpaid or denied claims
* Maintaining follow up notes in QMS
* Respond promptly to all correspondence (fax, e-mail, telephone,
mail) and ensures that all timely filing deadlines are met
* Insuring the confidentiality of patients and employee information
in compliance with HIPAA guidelines
* Promote harmonious and constructive working relationships with
all staff members to promote a positive and productive
* Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through
values and customer service standards
* Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and
* Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective
and timely communication
* Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
*Education & Experience: *
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required; college courses
or courses in insurance billing, data processing, or medical
* Five (5) years of experience in a medical collections
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as
possession of any required licenses or certifications is
*Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: *
* Ability to analyze data.
* Exceptional customer service to all clients
* Working knowledge of Clinical EMR, billing system and any
external clearinghouses used
* Ability to understand and apply Medicare and Medicaid ESRD rules
and regulations; knowledge with Medicare and Medicaid is preferred;
understands the private insurance industry: PPO, HMO, POS, Medicare
Advantage and Indemnity Plans.
* Accurate keyboard and ten-key skills; must be literate in
Microsoft based programs.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment and
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily
communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and
Making life better for those with kidney disease is a mission you
can embrace fully and passionately. You want to learn about your
patients beyond just their time in treatment. You know the value of
compassion, commitment and especially collaboration. You believe in
continuous improvement as a way of looking at everything. You
pursue goals with determination and build long and productive
*What You Will Gain*
*Relationships: * You will work directly with a multi-disciplinary
team who are just as passionate as you about making a difference in
others' lives. You will also work alongside leaders who believe
leading means serving; they support you in providing care that is
unsurpassed in our industry.
*Impact: * The care you provide will enable our patients to live a
better life that meets their needs holistically.
*Growth: * A Satellite career offers a lot of challenges, but also
the support and leadership to learn and grow from each one. Here,
the paths you find for fulfilling your aspirations don't need to be
linear if that's your choice. With everything Satellite is doing to
be a force for progress in the industry, you have many options
Satellite Healthcare, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Satellite Healthcare, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on
account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship
status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
Satellite Healthcare, Inc. offers a drug free work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
* Customer service: 2 years (Required)
* Clinical EMR, Billing system & external clearinghouses: 2 years
* understand and apply Medicare and Medicaid ESRD rules and
regulations: 2 years (Required)
* medical collections: 5 years (Preferred)%17666%
Keywords: Satellite Healthcare, Mesa , A/R Collections Specialist II, Other , Mesa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!